Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so long story short i droped a bolt in my lower when i was taking it off to paint it and now every thing is back together but i have a loud ticking just wondering if any one has any ideas of what it could be. o and it is an 01 v6 if you need more info ill put more up

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
did u get the bolt out

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
what kind of ticking?
does it increase as rpms raise?
does it only happen at certain times?
and where is it more or less coming from on the engine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of ticking?
does it increase as rpms raise?
does it only happen at certain times?
and where is it more or less coming from on the engine
not really sure how to explaine the ticking just like a metal on metal noise
no it does not increase
it starts when i start the car and ends when i shut it off let it sit for a while to see if it would work itself out but it did not
and yes it sounds like somewhere around the valve cover or in that area

sry if im being vague just tryin to figure this out

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
i have a similar one but its constant at idle..i think i have a sticky lifter....hopefully your valve isnt knocking..that wouldnt be good at all...

·
Registered
48 Posts
you are sure it doesn't increase when you throttle up? it could be a sticky lifter, could be something on the valve seat, might be an injector. take the valve covers off when you start it next time and see if that does anything, if it doesn't change go from there, check the lifters since you have the covers off anyway

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that small ticking just into a huge grinding sound of metal on metal (its seems like its that but it went from ticking to that so not sure) and car wont run just stall out. so how had is that V8 swap lol but any one have any ideas on what to do next

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
ha damn so you got yur valvetrain all screwy or what?

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
if your gonna go thru and try a v8 swap..guessing you know what your doing..why not just pull your motor out and tear it down and check?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure what im gunna do yet gunna check it out 2mmorw when its light out so ill keep you guess posted

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
ok so long story short i droped a bolt in my lower when i was taking it off to paint it and now every thing is back together but i have a loud ticking just wondering if any one has any ideas of what it could be. o and it is an 01 v6 if you need more info ill put more up
If I understand this you dropped a bolt into the lower intake manifold and the noise started after that. It would seem you should take the manifold off again and look for the bolt.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
retighten everything, possibly an air leak of some kind that will sound like a tick

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok just got the word the conecting rod to 1 of the cylinder's snaped and punched a whole through the motor and oil pan so i need a new motor now does any 1 have any good leads on a used v6 or v8 motor also i live near boston mass plz help

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ok just got the word the conecting rod to 1 of the cylinder's snaped and punched a whole through the motor and oil pan so i need a new motor now does any 1 have any good leads on a used v6 or v8 motor also i live near boston mass plz help
ouch dude,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts