Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i did a bunch of searches and none seemed to stand out. i have a 95 cobra svt and it just started making this ticking sound. it only happens in 1st and 2nd but not in neutral. it sounds like a exhaust leak but it dissapears and only comes back once in a while. engine performance hasnt changed but it just started running right 2 days ago when i cleaned the maf sensor. went under the hood and revved the motor but didnt hear the sound. but when im driving in 1st and 2nd at low rpms the sound is deff there. i have no ideas and am very stumped. gave her new plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor, coil pack, running 93 octane also. only mods are 65mm tb and catback.

·
Registered
301 Posts
sounds like a exhaust leak might just need alittle load on the motor my truck does it too. if i hit the gas just right the exhaust leak is crazy! then at idle it goes away

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know I had an issue with my h pipe hitting my floorboard bracing in first and second. Seems to twist alot in those gears. Also tended to do it when I took turns. Maybe its bending funny and lettin the clamps loosen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deff. gonna check that out. sound seems to have gone away for now. oh well. guess that gives me a reason to mod her out. time for full exhaust and let her roar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts