Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just got back from getting my car inspected... Everything still running great with 122,000 miles! woo! anyways i need a front right tie rod, the guy quoted me around 230 for it.

I would like to take matters into my own hands if i could... the problem at hand is the right front tire has slight movement.

would i need anything other then this to fix this issue?

Steeda Bumpsteer Kit (79-04 w/ Manual Steering Rack) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

(he passed me regardless of needing this done, thankfully...)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
thats for a manual steer. Do you just need a front tie rod end? They are like 30 bucks at Advance Auto. 230 is a **** ton too much.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the guy said just need a front tie rod end... yea the priced seemed like alot to me too... Ill have to check out advanced this weekend...

Easy install though?

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
This kit is recommended for all lowered Mustangs with caster camber plates. The Steeda kit offers a much wider range of adjustment than other kits!

You aren't lowered that I know of. That is a good product though.

Install is simple, its just a good idea to get your toe checked and maybe even an alignment after. Make sure you install the new one to the exact point that the stock one is on, the thread will allow it to go much further than that, but it needs to be in the same spot.

I would just get the stock replacement from advanced.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you will pass inspection with needing a tierod all that will effect is toe on your alignment, 230 is about right, 30 part marked up to probably 75 so the shop makes money, 1 hour labor at probably 80ish an hour, and then you have to get an alignment afterwards since tierod ends are what adjust your toe so thats another 75ish dollars. you can do it yourself pretty easily especially if it is just the end. Just make sure to go get an alignment afterwardfs

Reactions: 03stanggg

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This kit is recommended for all lowered Mustangs with caster camber plates. The Steeda kit offers a much wider range of adjustment than other kits!

You aren't lowered that I know of. That is a good product though.

Install is simple, its just a good idea to get your toe checked and maybe even an alignment after. Make sure you install the new one to the exact point that the stock one is on, the thread will allow it to go much further than that, but it needs to be in the same spot.

I would just get the stock replacement from advanced.

Yeah im lowered, I have steeda comp springs, and bilstein shocks and struts... which i belive is 1.2" drop...

So that being the case would recomend getting the kit or just stock replacement? Also would i need to get new ball joints as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts