Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my brother-in-laws place today and installed my bullitts that have been in my garage calling my name for about a month and a half :). While I was there, he told me the inner (I think) tierods are bad and should be replaced soon. He said he would do them and kinda show me for $60 labor. Doesnt sound bad to me. So my question is, is that a good price? And, does the brand really make a difference? I want something that will hold up so if it will last, Ill pay a few extra dollars.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
yeah thats a good price...gonna want an alignment after install though.

if it was an outer then that may be a little high seeing as how little time it takes.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When we took off the front wheels he noticed the play in the inner tie rods. I trust the guy pretty well I dont think he would say that if I really didnt need them.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
When we took off the front wheels he noticed the play in the inner tie rods. I trust the guy pretty well I dont think he would say that if I really didnt need them.
Oh, I'm not saying don't trust him. I wanted to know so I could check the same thing on my car :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh haha well in that case you want to get the front end up in the air, put your hands at 3 and 9 on the wheel and push. If theres some slop/slack when pushing you got tie rods that are out. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Oh haha well in that case you want to get the front end up in the air, put your hands at 3 and 9 on the wheel and push. If theres some slop/slack when pushing you got tie rods that are out. Hope this helps.
How do you know if it's inner or outer tie rods though? I have a little bit of play but I'm hoping it's the outer ends so I can just get a bumpsteer kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts