Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of these hoods? I think that they are a lift-off but I can't find any info on Grigg's website, where they sell them:
Griggs Racing Products

I'm interested. They are apparently a fully functional vented hood (with some mighty sweet looking vents if I might add). Plus, carbon fiber makes my pants feel tight.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I can't find the pic?

I want the vented CF roof for my 5.4v SuperCar TT mid engine driveline transplant project.

I kinda like this?

·
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hood:

A guy on SVTP forums bought one and had a body shop mod his stock hood to incorporate the Tiger Hood. It came out AWESOME:

I absolutely DO WANT. Looks like it was crazy expensive though.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I'd like 2 see a pic with all the body panels closed and from a little distance for perspective.

·
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He didn't have one on the site... but I think I can see where you're coming from with that.

·
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd like 2 see a pic with all the body panels closed and from a little distance for perspective.
All I could find is an SN-95 with the hood:

My hood is vented and I've never had any problems in the rain :dunno
What kind of hood is that? It looks pretty cool. Have you seen lower engine temperatures from the venting? The Tiger Racing hood's vents are apparently amazing at cooling the engine while in motion (it's a racing part through and through, after all).

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
pretty bad ass looking

·
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice looking piece, the carbon one is 1100 bucks though.
It's beautiful, though. Plus the carbon one apparently weighs something like 8 pounds. Also, it's 1100 for a pull off hood, to have it fitted with latches and hinges, it'd cost crazy $$. It's one of those things I'd do if I won the lottery. Or went crazy.

·
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All I know is that they are from fikse.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
All I could find is an SN-95 with the hood:

What kind of hood is that? It looks pretty cool. Have you seen lower engine temperatures from the venting? The Tiger Racing hood's vents are apparently amazing at cooling the engine while in motion (it's a racing part through and through, after all).
That's Nick's hood, he used to live near me. He no longer has that car, but I know that the fiberglass skin was created custom, and a local bodyshop here peeled the factory outer skin off the stock hood, and molded that one onto the stock frame.

·
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the only way I can think of to get the Tiger hood with latches and hinges. I can't imagine what that cost. Fortunately, it can be "justified" as a performance mod. After my motor, tranny, fuel, suspension, seats and cage are done, I might be inclined to get an 8lb hood... Maybe in my next life.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Anything from Griggs is worth getting. As far as the temperature goes I have heard that the hood drastically reduces engine temp especially the CF one.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The hood:

A guy on SVTP forums bought one and had a body shop mod his stock hood to incorporate the Tiger Hood. It came out AWESOME:

I absolutely DO WANT. Looks like it was crazy expensive though.
I know the guy. His car is one of the nicest you'll see inside and out and it's mostly a track car. He did spent a pretty penny getting a shop to mod that already expensive hood to work as a stock one would because it is a lift off style. The hood is very affective. He runs the car at many track events here. I myself am looking to do something similar to my stock hood.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts