Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can put a tilt steering colume into a 92 GT. I believe the 89's had tilt but not positive. I know I would have to get one that had the airbag steering wheel and the controls for the cruise control. Has anyone done this if so what kind of work did it take and what should I look for.
I cant stand barely being able to slide my legs under the steering wheel, it sucks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes you can not much to it either just like 4 bolts from under the dash and one bolt on steering shaft by header

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Does anyone know if you can put a tilt steering colume into a 92 GT. I believe the 89's had tilt but not positive. I know I would have to get one that had the airbag steering wheel and the controls for the cruise control. Has anyone done this if so what kind of work did it take and what should I look for.
I cant stand barely being able to slide my legs under the steering wheel, it sucks.
My car doesn't have tilt and I wish it would go down a little...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
isnt that dumb... they got rid of one of the best features...even my wifes drag car has tilt..

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i'm pretty sure the non tilt colums are an inch or two longer

·
Registered
142 Posts
My 93 has tilt

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Didnt they bring it back in 92? I remember reading something about Ford removing the tilt option in 89 and brought it back later I think

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really wanna do but dont want it to be any longer cause it will be to close for me and i want the same style wheel as I have right now with the airbag and the cruise control buttons

1 - 10 of 10 Posts