Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my car was misfiring on #2 cylinder. Pulled the plugs and sure enough #2 plug has been hit. My best quess is the rod bearing is wore out and allowed the piston to smack the **** out of the plug in full throttle. So, thinking about a longblock from DSS, MMR, or CHP. Could do a rebuild but I havent made up my mind and I 'm trying to get all my research together to make a decision and get the car back together within a couple mouths. Any comments are welcome just dont jack my thread! Thanks:D

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
thats sucks in a way but gives you a good reason for a new engine lol

·
Cone Killer
928 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me. It looks like in your picture you're not intercooled and boosted. I bet you had some detonation and popped part of the ring land on the piston. I can see part of my top compression ring looking through the spark plug hole. The piece that popped off fouled my plug and left through the exhaust valve. Our stock pistons HATE detonation.

On a good note, I put a new plug in to see if I could get the car home and it actually still runs.

If you want it back together in a couple of months, I'd just buy a block from MMR. I pieced mine together and even though I've probably dragged my feet a little on the build, it's crazy how much comes into play when deciding on components for a motor. On the flip side, I've learned alot about how our motors function in the process.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The exact same thing happened to me. It looks like in your picture you're not intercooled and boosted. I bet you had some detonation and popped part of the ring land on the piston. I can see part of my top compression ring looking through the spark plug hole. The piece that popped off fouled my plug and left through the exhaust valve. Our stock pistons HATE detonation.

On a good note, I put a new plug in to see if I could get the car home and it actually still runs.

If you want it back together in a couple of months, I'd just buy a block from MMR. I pieced mine together and even though I've probably dragged my feet a little on the build, it's crazy how much comes into play when deciding on components for a motor. On the flip side, I've learned alot about how our motors function in the process.
yeah I think thats what Im going to do but Im still thinking about letting MVPerformance build one for me and let them put it in at their shop. Thanks

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contact Kurgan Motorsports in Georgia. Kurgan Motorsports - DynoJet, Vortech, SCT Tuning - Kurgan Motorsports - DynoJet, Vortech, SCT Tuning and Performance

Bob is a DSS and MMR dealer. They can also take care of any labor and tuning you may need if you feel like taking the car up by them. 12psi is a bit much to be pushing through a stock motor. What pulley were you running to get 12psi from the V1? My guess is 3.12 or 3.25?
Thanks! I'll be sure to contact kurgan. I have a 2.88 pulley and it made 12 lbs. On leaky boost gauge plumbing.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just person i need to talk to! Ill call the number on your website later today if you have time to talk. Thanks,
allen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts