Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, well I’ve decided the motorcycle thing really just aint for me. so i am going to sell it. I got it so cheap I will be able to actually make a lil profit off of it. so next week after I get my transmission serviced I am going to put it up for sell. after the sale I am going to supercharge the mustang. I’ll have about 4k to spend. I was gonna try and piece one together. came out to about $2800. Does this total seem about right??

I tried to use max prices on things so that i would cut myself short on the budget...
Head Unit - 1200
Bracket Assembly - 289
Pulley - 75
Blow Through MAF - 250
255lph Fuel Pump - 105
NGK Tr-6 V-Power Spark Plugs - 25
Air to Air Intercooler - 250
42# Fuel Injectors - 200
Boost Vacuum gauge, and Wideband Gauge – 150
Blow off valve - 300
vortech only
-Oil Feed Line - 22
-Oil Drain Line - 23

These prices are just estimates. not really sure if this is even everything i need or not. if someone could give some input on this list that would be great.

I’ve also been keeping my eye out of a complete kit that i can just by(used). so if anyone wants to point me in the right direction to find one that’d be cool.

i want either vortech or procharger. pretty much whatever i can find a deal on. i used Shaun's "build a cheap supercharger kit" thread to compile my list.

like i said any input would be nice! additions to the list.. other ideas...

I know i will need a tuner and a dyno tune after installation. i will install myself.

current mods are in sig..

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Looks like you got everythin covered and $3k is a good budget for a used setup, It possible to be a good bit less though. Your running the stock block im assuming so boost will be 10 psi or so? I would get a piping kit from CxRacing off ebay with a BOV. $125 or so for all. I ran that Greedy look-a-like with 15psi ad it was just maxin out. You can upgrade the BOV later.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1, u NEED a wide band A/F other wise its useless.
awesome thanks for the input guys. very helpful!

an yes it is the stock short block

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also does anyone know of a good tunning shop in the tennessee, alabama, georgia, ect... area!? i am in chattanooga, TN...

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Reactions: Chris747

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome! thats the one that i was thinking of but i couldn't think of the name. thanks man! reps to you!!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I tried to use max prices on things so that i would cut myself short on the budget...
Head Unit - 1200
Bracket Assembly - 289
Pulley - 75
Blow Through MAF - 250
255lph Fuel Pump - 105
NGK Tr-6 V-Power Spark Plugs - 25
Air to Air Intercooler - 250
42# Fuel Injectors - 200
Boost Vacuum gauge, and Wideband Gauge – 150
Blow off valve - 300
vortech only
-Oil Feed Line - 22
-Oil Drain Line - 23

QUOTE]

+ $125 to the guages. Possible + $45 for a shorter belt depending on which pulley you get. Are you going to run a powerpipe or a small filter directly off the blower? + $300 if you get a powerpipe with air filter. Where/how will you be mounting the gauges? + $110 for a SOS dual pillar if you go that route. Maybe + $150 for shipping everything.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+ $125 to the guages. Possible + $45 for a shorter belt depending on which pulley you get. Are you going to run a powerpipe or a small filter directly off the blower? + $300 if you get a powerpipe with air filter. Where/how will you be mounting the gauges? + $110 for a SOS dual pillar if you go that route. Maybe + $150 for shipping everything.
lol damit! why is this costing so much.. that will put the price well above 3k. i thought people were doing this for like 2500??

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and whats your opinion on the power pipe? i am new to the whole FI thing. i saw that thread where shaun was getting rid of his pipe and just mounting the filter on directly. but i didn't really follow it.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
lol damit! why is this costing so much.. that will put the price well above 3k. i thought people were doing this for like 2500??
You need to buy used. My setup, without an intercooler, came out to ~$3,000 with shipping. I coupled new and used parts. Head unit, pulley, bracket assembly, oil feed and drain lines, lightning maf, SOS pillar, and 39lb injectors were used.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
and whats your opinion on the power pipe? i am new to the whole FI thing. i saw that thread where shaun was getting rid of his pipe and just mounting the filter on directly. but i didn't really follow it.
I run a Kurgan powerpipe. Mine made 9psi on the 3.6 pulley on a V1 S trim, which means that the blower was probably making 7psi without the powerpipe. Shaun is the first one I'm seeing do this test of powerpipe vs just a filter.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright, you think i'd be better off trying to just find a comlete kit for sale?

and i'll prob just go with the power pipe!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
$300 if you get a powerpipe with air filter. Where/how will you be mounting the gauges? + $110 for a SOS dual pillar if you go that route. Maybe + $150 for shipping everything.
powerpipes can be had for $250 shipped brand new.

and $110 for a pillar mount gauge pod? that's absurd for a piece of plastic. i bought my dash mounted pod for $30.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
powerpipes can be had for $250 shipped brand new.

and $110 for a pillar mount gauge pod? that's absurd for a piece of plastic. i bought my dash mounted pod for $30.
Without a filter you can get a powerpipe for $250. Hell, I got mine for $225. You still need to buy a filter. Depends on what look he's going for and where he wants his guages. You can get the cheap Autometer dual pod for the A pillar for like $60, but it's black, and you need to drill holes in your stock pillar or tape it to the stocker. Looks like poo. Got my SOS for $90 shipped and they come painted to match your interior.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Without a filter you can get a powerpipe for $250. Hell, I got mine for $225. You still need to buy a filter. Depends on what look he's going for and where he wants his guages. You can get the cheap Autometer dual pod for the A pillar for like $60, but it's black, and you need to drill holes in your stock pillar or tape it to the stocker. Looks like poo. Got my SOS for $90 shipped and they come painted to match your interior.
well if ima drop this kinda money into my car i'm not about to cheap out on any of it. so where did you get your SOS form?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You can save a lot of money making a home made intake. Go to silicone intakes and buy a 3.5" or 4" 90 degree coupler, go to lowes, buy some pvc that would fit in the coupler, like 3.5 or 3.75" and run a filter on it. All for like $35. And itll flow good.

The injectors may be a bit more then $200, unless you get them used. But I would get new injectors.

A wideband is usually like $260-$300, a boost/vacuum gauge is like $50.

BOV for $300, depends on what one you want to run. But you could run the Procharger ProFlo valve for like $160

Or this Vortech one

SuperchargersOnline.com :: Product: Vortech Universal Maxflow Racing Bypass Valve (black top/polished bottom)

Would need a flange though.

You could probally find a head unit cheaper, thats the hardest part to find. Also, might need a Boost a pump. You could scrap a single pump idea and buy a used Cobra hat with pumps for a the same price as a BAP and single pump (maybe less too)

·
Registered
742 Posts
You can get an AEM wideband on ebay any day for $170. And I assume the $250 FMIC price includes the piping.

Just don't forget about the dyno tuning cost...that's another $400-$600 AFTER everything is bought and installed.

I have the exact setup you want and when all done, I at least spent $3600.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts