Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive fried my 2nd wiring harness i have 55w HID's and they only last 3 - 5 months before the wiring harness starts to burn I've had it by the grill i had it by the battery (big mistake but thats where ddm told me to put it, it blows hot air right on the battery)

so questions...

1. Do i just need a whole new kit or just another new wiring harness? the new bulbs and wiring harness together are only $35!

2. Where can i place the wiring harness where it will stay cool for a 55w kit

3. I am not going with another kit ddm is what i want they have really good quality for the price granted the bulbs are a pain in the A** to get in the headlight housing for some reason.:mad:

4. Im guessing the bulbs i need are HB5 / 9007??? Thats what i've been buying bulb wise and fitment is a real pain takes forever to get to fit!

good answers = rep thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Wait, did you get the HIDs from DDM previously. because if you did DDM has a lifetime warranty?

Ive never heard of fitment issues with DDM Hids in our headlights, but are you sure you bought the right size?

we use 9007

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
VVME has been good to me... I put mine on the vertical radiator support brackets behind my intercooler(HIDs were there first, IC went over it). 9007 bulb. Can't you just splice the wires from a new ballast? I'd imagine its either the bulb or the ballast that blew. No sense in replacing the wiring if you have it already routed... I tucked mine in and made it all hidden, so replacing the wiring would be a nightmare.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
get the 35w kit it wont burn out.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm ya i got the 9007 bulbs ill just try to find a cool place in the engine bay to place it and i dont want a 35w kit just yet lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts