Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want to upgrade my speakers in my 92 hatchback and i want to put a component set upfront possibly kicker or alpine and also a rear set of 5x7 2 way speakers. I will need a 4 channel amp for those...correct? Then i want a sundown audio 8" sub. I believe the sub pushes around 500 watts rms. Any experiences with upgrading stereos on these cars and what works best for the money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Its knda hard to understand what your goal is?? Yes you need a amp and a 4 ch will work if you have the same specs on the front and rears but 2x 2 ch amps could give you more options. And you will need a amp for the woofer on top of that. Before you start figure out what type of power you are going to need and wire the car properly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You should look into some better speakers. For the money any morel, rainbow, helix, or cdt audio speakers will crush any alpine or kickers. As for amps you could look for a 5 channel amp that will allow to add a sub later on. Cdt and helix also make good amps for not too much.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
i would just amp the front speakers.

beware though that any decent 6.5 speaker is probably too deep to fit in the stock location, so youll either need to buy a slim driver or build a pod. i built pods for my fox, let me see if i can find some pics...

you might also want to upgrade to a newer 3g alt and upgrade the big 3. helped out alot in my fox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts