Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, time to start ordering my project and I have a few questions still.

1) Late Model Restroation only lists 2 spring rates for their UPR K-frames. They list a 12"/200# and a 14"/175#. Which would be best for my '96 GT vert? The car is a DD / weekend cruiser. I'm not worried about track times, just ride quality.

2) Power Adder Solutions sells a PAS 340lph fuel pump, anyone have any feedback on this pump? Also my '96 uses EV1 injectors correct? Anyone know a forum where Power Adder Solutions is a vender where I could get a discount code?

3) Lastly it appears that the spec stage 3+ clutch is for a 26 spline input shaft so I've been eyeballing just the spec stage 3. It's a "puck" style clutch disc. Is there anything different between the "puck" style and a full disc style that I should know?

Sorry for the noob questions. Any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
If you go to UPRs page, they have more than just those 2 spring rates. I just bought my k-member n coilovers last month. I went 12/200. Never used PAS, but i believe there was a mention of this fuel pump in the latest issue of 5.0 & Super Fords, was intrigued myself. You should have ev1 style injectors, high impedence, but can use ev6 with a set of adapters

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
im assuming you are getting the k member with spring perches. i would say swap to coilovers during the k member swap but its your car. these cars are pretty heavy so i wouldnt go with a lower spring rate i stick to something higher in the 200+

on my co's i have 10x350lbs in front and 10x250lbs in rear with complete tubular suspension and some weight shaved off the front with ac delete/egr delete/ aluminum radiator and fan shroud and such. i cant stand softer spring rates. too bouncy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts