Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago I got all my lines replaced and my ac worked killer for an entire summer. Last summer it started blowing warm again so i bought a do it your self recharge kit. After putting it in it ran cold for a few days then went back to blowing some cold some warm and finally only warm air. Im thinking get a pro charge job done and then check for leaks but from the sounds of it what could it be and how much $$ am i looking at. The line replacement was like 1400.00 and he said could run 4k to fix it. Did I get ripped off? Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
im not an expert but 4k to fix a/c sounds a bit high. you have a convertible, just lower the top/windows i guess. besides if you take it out, you get some free speed =P

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
2 years ago I got all my lines replaced and my ac worked killer for an entire summer. Last summer it started blowing warm again so i bought a do it your self recharge kit. After putting it in it ran cold for a few days then went back to blowing some cold some warm and finally only warm air. Im thinking get a pro charge job done and then check for leaks but from the sounds of it what could it be and how much $$ am i looking at. The line replacement was like 1400.00 and he said could run 4k to fix it. Did I get ripped off? Thanks
1400 for line replacement?///???? omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets say they had to replace everything worse case like the compressor, re do the lines again that must be made out of gold etc. Whats the highest I could expect to pay without getting ripped off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts