Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some cms stage 1's and im almost done putting everything back together, but im still concerned about my timing chains. I replaced the tensioners with new ones but there is still slack in the chains. When one chain is tight the other chain is a little loose. Would the fact that the tensioners have no oil pressure in them cause them to not tension enough to pull the slack out? I know that when i pulled the timing chains off that they were the same way ( one chain loose, and the other side tight)

Just wondering if this is normal.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had this same exact issue. All I could think of was the fact I installed dry tensioners. I started the car waiting to hear chain slap or something, but nope, it ran just fine. So I think it's dry tensionsers. I also turned my car over (plugs out) just to build pressure and refill my adjusters too.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Turn the motor over by hand, ( should do this no matter what when cams are I stalled to check for PTV. Next, without the timing cover on, watch while somebody cranks the car without the injectors or coils plugged in so it doesn't start. Itll build oil pressure and you'll see if that's the issue.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I turned it over around 5 to 10 times and it looked fine, then i also turned it over with the starter and the tensioners looked like they were doing theyre job but were shooting a littler oil out of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts