Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 2007 Ford Mustang GT with 113,000 miles on it. Recently it started hesitating while accelerating at part throttle around 2800 to 300 rpm. Reving the car to higher rpms would make this problem go away. I have also noticed that there is a ticking sound coming from the drivers side of the motor. The car will also make a strange sound when you let of the throttle especially in second and third gear. Its hard to describe almost sounds like metal scraping and a diesel at idle combined. Are these symptoms of the phasers and timing chain issues? Is there a good way to diagnose these issues? The car does need new plugs as the current ones are most likely the originals! I am going to change them out in the next few days. Hoping that solves the issue but I have a bad feeling it wont.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
I suggest you use a mechanic's stethoscope to localize the noise. It's possible you might have a failing driver's side cam phaser but you could also have something as simple as a loose spark plug.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am gonna start on the plugs tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that they were the culprit. If it is a timing/phaser issue I will have to take it to a shop as that repair is beyond my level of skill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts