Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so im ready to do the timing on my Pi swap. Im not sure of the order in which things go on. Do the guides go on first, then the chains, the the tensioners, then the arms (bananas)? What i did was just put the chain on then when i inserted the tensioner arm the tension was all on that side of the chain and the side where the guide was had all the slack. So i couldn't get the Tensioner in.... Then the best part my bolts for the guides were screwed and one snapped in the head, Luckily it spiralled out and i was able to save it but now i need to find new bolts :facepalm: This is turning into a nightmare lol.

I just want to know the order everything goes on. I know where they go just not when to put them there lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Compress the tensioners and stick a paper clip or something to keep them compressed.
Then i bolt on the fixed guides, then chains, then swing guides, then tensioners. Once everything is where i want, pull the pin in the tensioners.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Compress the tensioners and stick a paper clip or something to keep them compressed.
Then i bolt on the fixed guides, then chains, then swing guides, then tensioners. Once everything is where i want, pull the pin in the tensioners.
Sounds good, to get the tension off the tensioner arm side of the chain, can i just rotate the cam sprocket the other way?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
you shouldnt have to rotate the cam at all. theres a write up on exactly how to do the timing which i used it everything was perfect. if i can find it ill post it for you

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you shouldnt have to rotate the cam at all. theres a write up on exactly how to do the timing which i used it everything was perfect. if i can find it ill post it for you
Im doing it based of the 9 o clock safe mode method. Where you put the chain on the crank first then rotate the cam so it matched. Its the write up on modular head shop. It was going well until the stupid guide bolt snapped.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah. i got ya. man that bolt snap thing sucks. hope it goes well for ya
Yeah i was rattled. Luckily it came out, im hoping it was the bolt that was messed rather than the hole because that would be a terrible experience. Im thinking that if the threads were strong enough to snap the bolt in half it was the bolt that was messed. It felt like the threads on the bolt stopped grabbing the hole, so i have new bolts ill cross my fingers and try again tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts