Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to set my timing and i have some questons. what is the spout connector? can i get a pic to be sure of what it is if possible? I am assuming it is the little connector to the right side of the tfi that is only 2 wires connected to it.

If that is the case after i disconnect it and try to set the idle my idle is erratic. I can get it to go from around 17 then automatically jumps to 30. So i try to advance it and it drops to 0. I can get nothing between that at all(0 and 17). thx for help

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
what is the spout connector? I am assuming it is the little connector to the right side of the tfi that is only 2 wires connected to it.
Yes thats it.

On my car the plug is gray

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i have and the reason i guess im so confused is that the spout has never been hooked up and there is like a plate in the blocking it with a screw to hold it in... frickin nice guys im starting to get so mad at this dude that did my motor.. i really appreciate help and maybe i can get a my car to run good yet

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is the pic i think i may have been confused. I think i need to pull out the clip in the wire to time it. ( sorry it wont let me upload the pics)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Yea you have to pull out the little connector (usually gray) that's coming off the harness for the distributor.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Easiest way is to use the little paperclip icon in the top row of the message screen and attach it directly from your computer. If it won't let you do it that way, use a filesharing website like photobucket and copy and paste the image code directly into the message.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also i was wondering what is a respectable site to order parts off of and what kind of a maf do you suggest the sct or c&l or what kind? What injectors also run good (brand) im reading to not buy any thing but fords because of the spray pattern? Also do i have to get a bigger fuel pump to push 24's or no? thx guys

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
So whats the problem with the spout connector ? your picture didn't show any reason why you can pull it our from the connector.

In regards to 24lb injectors. what are your modds, if your still stock then id leave the 19lb stock injectors in there.

Stay away from C&L, Ive heard that they suck. I have a PRO M mass air flow and have had no problems with it. I also ran my stock fuel pump with my 24lb injectors and had no fuel problems, but if your going to do some real modds id step up your fuel pump to a 255lph, there only a $100

Places i like to shop for parts are...
Ebay
summit
latemodelresto.com
foxresto.com
jegs
craigslist
I try and buy alot of stuff used, you will save alot of money that way. There are some things that id recommend buying new such as a fuel pump. But things like heads, headers, intakes, injectors, tb, maff ect......are good used most of the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok well you kinda answered my question by if that is the spout.

Now i have a new problem.. I got my timing set to where the motor sounds good 12 advanced (hooked up spout again) and when i put the car into gear my idle jumps. Im talking like 400 rpm and wants to push my car. If i take it out of gear and go to say neutral it will rev another 300-400 (2000rpm tops) and will fall down to idle then if i put it in drive it wants to rev up again. Anyone else have this problem.
I have replaced plugs, wires, coil, egr, tps, cleaned salt and pepper shakers, cleaned tb, cleaned iac. any suggestions. Also have checked vacuum lines for leaks and have found none. checked break booster with someone holding their foot on the brake to see if that was creating a leak and none. What is the B/R on the vacuum tree for mine is plugged.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
i think there's a sticky about base idle reset.

If its an auto i think they idle higher then manual trans, not sure though

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
also i was wondering what is a respectable site to order parts off of and what kind of a maf do you suggest the sct or c&l or what kind? What injectors also run good (brand) im reading to not buy any thing but fords because of the spray pattern? Also do i have to get a bigger fuel pump to push 24's or no? thx guys
Neither of those. If you don't have a chip or a tune, the sct will not work. If you use the C and L you will have problems with idle and part and wot a/f ratio. Just pull the spout and set your timing, it's not that hard. Make sure to mark your balancer at the degree you want it set at. Like 14 degrees.
Look at ProM and their 80mm maf. Get it cal'd for your injectors and bolt it on and go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i guess let me start from the begging with this car so maybe you can help me better...

Got the car burned two cylinders down in six months. that sucked o well lets get a new motor and trans

brought it to a guy that said he would do a complete rebuild on this thing and he did but ever scince then i have had alot of problems. he rebuilt the motor put and put
keith black pistons bored .30
strike force heads
gt 40 intake
cannot for the life of me figure out what cam he put in because its just a bunch of numbers then cam.

well i got it back motor ran sloppy just wasnt right brought it to another part shop because the guy who built it was an ass. They fixed some stuff that he messed up. The second shop made it run a little better but still was not right. So i brought it back to the second shop and they suggested to get my computer programed. So they sent it out to canada i guess for 500 dollars to get this thing programed with no record of what it is programed to (for my record at least) but one thing good they did take the paperwork from the rebuild.

So now im left with picking up the pieces of trying to get this thing right. So i am really appreciating all the help but very very frustrated lately with everything to do with it.

also i was planning on trying that base idle reset tomorrow lol i was hoping that would work but we will see...

today i messed with the tps and i am finding that at .98 i get the biggest spike of rpm jump. i now have it down to .85 and it is getting alot better with less surging.. from what i have read this is throwing me way off because ppl are saying that it has to be around .98 but others just say between .60 and .99. am i running the right direction on the tps.

i am also looking at the and already have a 70mm tb
FORD RACING MUSTANG 24LB FUEL INJECTORS, SET OF 8 EV6 BODY WITH JETRONIC CONNECTOR, M-9593-AA302

and

89-93 MUSTANG 5.0L 75MM BLACK PRO-M MASS AIR METER FOR 24LB INJECTORS AND STOCK AIRBO

these will work for me??? (without headache)

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
already have a 70mm tb
FORD RACING MUSTANG 24LB FUEL INJECTORS, SET OF 8 EV6 BODY WITH JETRONIC CONNECTOR, M-9593-AA302

and

89-93 MUSTANG 5.0L 75MM BLACK PRO-M MASS AIR METER FOR 24LB INJECTORS AND STOCK AIRBO

these will work for me??? (without headache)
those look good

Hey, did you try and claen your old maff ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts