Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
i know i need to retard the timing for the nitrous and its been done but how does that effect the engine when not on the no2? is it ok to run like that all the time or do i have to stop and retune everytime i wanna shot?

·
Registered
200 Posts
hey,
i know i need to retard the timing for the nitrous and its been done but how does that effect the engine when not on the no2? is it ok to run like that all the time or do i have to stop and retune everytime i wanna shot?
I'm not too much of a nitrous expert but will try to help. As I understand it, you need to back off on timing by 2 degrees for every 50 hp of NO2 you squirt.

2 degrees of global timing will not make much difference in day to day driving. However, it is my sincere hope that someone who has more experience can respond to your post. They can probably address whether you need colder spark plugs as well.

It is my understanding that 75hp is about the limit you should try to squirt into a stock 3.8L v6. If true, you should have no worries running around with 3 degress less global spark.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I'm not too much of a nitrous expert but will try to help. As I understand it, you need to back off on timing by 2 degrees for every 50 hp of NO2 you squirt.

2 degrees of global timing will not make much difference in day to day driving. However, it is my sincere hope that someone who has more experience can respond to your post. They can probably address whether you need colder spark plugs as well.

It is my understanding that 75hp is about the limit you should try to squirt into a stock 3.8L v6. If true, you should have no worries running around with 3 degress less global spark.

Good luck
You can run 100 with a good tune and dont forget colder plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts