Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my kid just had a engine built for his fox body mustang , a 347 stroker we are trying to set the timming and fuel presure, any help would be a big pluse.. thanks

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i think the timing usually works pretty good at about 14 degrees and fuel pressure around 32ish....kinda depends

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
set the fuel pressure then fiddle with the timing, are you running nitrous?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Set the fuel pressure with the vacuum port removed and plugged, plug it back in when done.

Use an adjustable timing lite to set the timing around 14 degrees advance with the plug pulled from the yellow wire coming from the distributor. plug the pin back in when your done.

·
Registered
437 Posts
What should I set my fuel pressure on a mildly built 306, Accufab told me 30, should I go higher? My timing is set at 14-15*.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no nitrous, car is running ok timing is at 20 and fuel presure at 45,the engine builder said to put at least 500 miles on it then take to mechanic to dial it in and dyno.what do you think..

·
Registered
685 Posts
timing sounds kinda high but every setup is different

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
What should I set my fuel pressure on a mildly built 306, Accufab told me 30, should I go higher? My timing is set at 14-15*.
With 19 lb injectors, 40 PSI with the vacuum port off is about right (that is close to 32 PSI with the vacuum port on at idle).

·
Registered
437 Posts
With 19 lb injectors, 40 PSI with the vacuum port off is about right (that is close to 32 PSI with the vacuum port on at idle).
I'm running 24# injectors.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Maybe 36-38 PSI with the vaccum port off. Play around with it a little bit and see what PSI the car runs the best at. When I bought my 89 the fuel pressure was set at 45 PSI @ 0 vacuum and it ran like ****. Turning it down to 35 PSI made a world of difference. If you can't notice a difference, then just shoot for the middle of the range.

Reactions: shurb125

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stock ecu, 24lb injectors,bbk ssi intake,70 mm throtlebody..fuelpresure is now set at 40 and car seems to run ok ..engine only has 155 miles on it since we put it in..how many miles should it take to break in... thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just sold my 90 lx with a 342 in it. I had the timing at 17 degrees and it ran like a rapped ape. It went a best of 12.40 @ 111 on the motor.Don`t remember what the fuel pressure was though,sorry.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
the car or the girl? The car is from the front page of this web site.
The Saleen. I figured thats where you got it from... that picture, along with a few others are from the article i wrote yesterday. :)

Thats cool that someone actually looked at the home page.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When I saw this Saleen Extreme,my fricken jaw hit the floor. Most awsome car I have ever seen. I just wish I could afford one LOL.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Me too. 100 slated for production. $80,000 each. I'd really like one in Lizstick Red. Or maybe SpeedLab Yellow. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts