Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to get my windows tinted. Anyone else have theres tinted before, all of the cars i have had have door frames so the windows dont roll down a bit when you open the door. is that a big deal? because i know your not supposed to roll down windows after tinting.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I didnt have a problem with that, they took a little long for all the bubbles to dry up but the windows dont even go down a whole inch when you open the door. just dont roll them down all the way and theyll dry up nice and even.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Yea i had no issues either and i got mine done in november so it was cold but they still dryed nicely

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just got my windows tinted last Monday. Didn't have any issues with the windows when I opened the doors.

I do have some little bubbles on every window but the driver's side door window though :-(

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
I've had mine tinted and the guy said don't worry about the slight rolling down that the windows do. As long as you don't roll them completely down for like 3-4 days, you should be fine. I also had extremely bad bubbles in the tint for a week but on the 8th day after, it was flawless and still is today.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I don't think anyone here has tint here. Just kidding. It's not an issue. Don't roll them down completely for 4-5 days. The more sun the windows can get the better during this time.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
When my tint was done, my friend put tape over my window controls to remind me not to for a week or so. :p And don't use your rear window defroster(if you're tinting your rear window, which I'm assuming you are) for like a month or so to be safe!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Crap. It has been snowing here in Salt Lake City lately, so I used my rear defroster and the tint hasn't been getting much sun.

Good think I bought the best tint they had. It has a lifetime warranty for everything, including bubbles and fading.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Who'd you go with? My defroster was disconnected, apparently, lol...I couldn't have killed the tint if I had tried. :p What part of SLC are you in?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You be good, just becareful and dont roll them down!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Who'd you go with? My defroster was disconnected, apparently, lol...I couldn't have killed the tint if I had tried. :p What part of SLC are you in?
Elite Tinting on 72nd South and 7th West.

Went with the Dark Matter tint with 48% door windows and 5% in the back three windows.

I'm in Sugarhouse; but work off of Bangerter and California Ave at one of the trucking companies up there.

You ever hang out on State and 45th? There seems to be a few Mustang/Ford guys who go up there to laugh at the ricers on Friday and Saturday nights.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
:lmao I don't, but that sounds awesome, haha...I had a friend who knew a guy do my tint for a birthday present, said it's 5% door windows, quarters, rear, and sun strip on windshield.

·
Registered
170 Posts
:lmao I don't, but that sounds awesome, haha...I had a friend who knew a guy do my tint for a birthday present, said it's 5% door windows, quarters, rear, and sun strip on windshield.
I didn't want to do 5% on the front doors because I didnt want to be hassled by the police.

You plan on going to any Midnight Drags or Test and Tune days at RMR?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have had mine done twice and not a problem either time, I am thinking about doing 50% on the entire windshield and a 5% strip across that to make it look not as dark. I am hoping it would make it look dark due to the strip.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I used to run 35% on my entire windshield with 5% but got tired of getting hassled. The windshield is killer. Don't go darker than 50%. I ended up redoing it with Llumnar Air Blue which is only 70% but it has the same heat rejection which is all I was after. Ended up with 15% on the side windows, too. I wasn't sure if I would like it but it actually looks pretty good.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
I didn't want to do 5% on the front doors because I didnt want to be hassled by the police.

You plan on going to any Midnight Drags or Test and Tune days at RMR?
Yeah, I thought he was going to do 15% on the door windows and 5% back, lol...I like it, and surprisingly I've had zero trouble from the local LEOs.

I'd like to, when are they?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I used to run 35% on my entire windshield with 5% but got tired of getting hassled. The windshield is killer. Don't go darker than 50%. I ended up redoing it with Llumnar Air Blue which is only 70% but it has the same heat rejection which is all I was after. Ended up with 15% on the side windows, too. I wasn't sure if I would like it but it actually looks pretty good.

Damn that looks pretty sweet I may go for a window tint like that. I think I got 20% on the quarter windows and about 25-30% on the side windows I cant remember exactly. The front looks good though. I hate being able to see directly into the car and hopefully with the stripes and everything it would look pretty nasty with some tint on the front as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts