Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Love my S197
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I decided to take the plunge and tint my turn signals with some VHT NightShades spray tint. I had already used this stuff before on my quarter markers and third brake light so it was pretty simple. They came out well I think. Pretty glossy with a nice smoked amber color. Debating if I wanna go back and make them 1 or 2 shades darker. What do you guys think?

Here are some shots of the process:

Lenses off the car:

Prepped for spray:

Final product:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like it, looks alot better then before. I'm not sure about going darker, how does it look when you have the turn signal going?

·
Love my S197
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it, looks alot better then before. I'm not sure about going darker, how does it look when you have the turn signal going?
They are still almost just as bright. Really can't tell the difference. I'm still debating if I want to go to all the trouble of pulling the fender liner off to take them out again just for a shade or two darker.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Leave it. It's subtle and looks classier than completely blacking it out imo. Nothing against blacked out. I plan on VHT'ing my too.

Did you polish them or just kind of leave them flat?

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Looks good as is. And you have nice grass........

·
Love my S197
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind remarks guys!

Leave it. It's subtle and looks classier than completely blacking it out imo. Nothing against blacked out. I plan on VHT'ing my too.

Did you polish them or just kind of leave them flat?
I polished em. Wet sanded with 2000 grit and then used Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to polish them to a nice gloss with no orange peel to them. Worked out pretty well and its sooooo much cheaper than buying the tint and I personally think it looks better. Plus you have a ton left afterward to do other parts of the car.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
I tinted my turn signals with them still on the car. Just make sure you tape off everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts