Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I practiced tinting last night on my side window, and it turned out perfect when I was finished. Over night though, I went out to find bubbles all under it that are very small. What did I do wrong? Used baby soap and water, and a heat gun, but one thing thatwas bad was it was cold outside. No bubbles were in the tint last night, and before applying I heated the glass up and shrunk the tint to the curve. Any ideas? Also, what can be used to remove the tint stickyness? I tore it off because I only had enough to do one side, and now I have like glue stuck to my window. Can I heat it and wipe it off? Tried water and towel and that didn't work
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
the reason it bubbled was because its cold,if they wasnt alot of bubbles the sun will bring them out if it was warm enough
and as for the glue,soapy water and a razor blade,or some goo gone,but i like warm soapy water and razor blade

·
red 6er
55 Posts
did you clean the window prior to installing film? if not clean the window real well and also used a small razor blade with some soap and water to clean window real well to make sure there's no dust or any thing on the glass. And as far as the sticky stuff, soapy water and a razor blade should do the trick you can also try goo gone and some cotton balls

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Whenever I tinted my own cars in the past, small bubbled will happen and show up after the fact. But then again I did it in the summer time. How I got rid of them was first I let them stay for about 2-3 weeks to let the sun get out as many as possible, for the stubborn ones I got the smallest pin point I could and just popped them. If you do that don't put the pin in and wiggle it, just stab the bubble quick and let it sit. I've had good luck with doing that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got my windows all done by a shop. Tried doing back with precut tint but when I tried heat shrinking it everything went wrong. Glad I got it done even tho it cost 145$. Got 50% front sides (legal limit), and 20% quarters and back. Matrix is bubbly but he said in a week come back and he can try getting more out. It doesn't bother me too much but it will be nice to have it fixed. Got it read with a tint meter that my dad has, and it checked out at 47%. I'm happy :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts