Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating on if i should tint my tailights and I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with this. Either with the tinted film or the covers. Is it something where if you **** up you can redo it?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i just used the tinted spray, it looks awsome and it only 10 bucks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, sorry about starting a new one. But was using the spray easy? does it look splotchy if i do it wrong?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used the film and it came out great. Ill add that I have no tinting experience what so ever. I thought about getting the covers but I decided that I really didnt like the way they look. Give it a shot with the film, I was very happy with mine

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, im tempted to just use the film. seems pretty easy. and since our headlights are outlined with black it doesnt need to line up perfectly... or there seems to be some room for error.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I used vht nightshades on mine. cost like 8 bucks for a can with plenty for multiple sets, came out pretty good even with no clear cote or wet sand/buff after.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
dosent come out blocthy whats so ever ,just go side to side for 2 coats and it looks great

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
and i heard the film peels and bubbles and crap

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
trust me ,get the spray u only got 10 bucks to lose and u can wipe it off with some paint reducer if u dont like it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm, the spray seems to turn out looking really good. Can I get this at any hardware store or auto shop? or should i just order it from american muscle or something?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
hmm, the spray seems to turn out looking really good. Can I get this at any hardware store or auto shop? or should i just order it from american muscle or something?
you can buy it at places like autozone and such. but actually on my '00 I think i used the dupli color stuff not vht. but they are basically the same.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm, ill definitely go out tomorrow and see if they have it at the kragens near my house then. Doesnt seem too bad of a thing to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts