Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out and bought a roll of 35% tint for my tail lights. i know i have to use soap and water with a squeegee. i was wondering how i should go about applying it. should i do it in 3 separate strips or try to cover the whole light and just form it to the ridges?

·
Registered
837 Posts
3 separate pieces definitely. It would have been just as easy and cheap to have bough it on eBay already precut.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
since you have a bunch of tint, might as well make some strips larger than what you need...then slice off any excess with an exacto knife, just make sure you have enough to curl into the inserts. Definatly use the soapy water, it will make your life 10x easier.

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
I probably won't work. If it does you've got skills. I tried it and couldn't get it to work. I then bought the precuts on ebay. I got them on, but up close I'm not happy with how they look. Next stop, tint spray.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You guys are skipping the biggest step in tinting your tailights with vinyl or tint film. "Shrinking" You have to use a heat gun and warm the tint up where the wrinkles and bubbles are and get it to contour to the lights. Trust me the tint film can be done and look perfect. Mine does.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Doc and Neckbone, you guys tint looks great, good job with it guys

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Not a flaw one in mine. the only bumps you will see in mine are the factory bumps on the taillights. They are dirty but ther than that. DOon't know how you see flaws.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I got a pre cut kit from Rvinyl on ebay for less than $20.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I just went to walmart and bought some 35percent tint sheets to do my laights, l0l...

Soapy water on the lights, then put the tint on and squeegee it n then ima use a hair dryer on it.,..

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tycouey hahaha thats the exact tint i got and from walmart on the ricer isle.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have actual taillight covers I love them they clip on I used to have the vinyl but they were always a bubble in at least one ill post a pic here soon!

·
Registered
761 Posts
ok. so tinting them is hard... I tried about an hour ago, I used windex so I could move them, but its hard as crap, I could never get the big wrinkles to go away... Im either going to spray them with nightshades, or get pre cut outs.... I'm probably going to go with the spray though...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You cant use windex it has amonia in it and that ****s up the glue

·
Registered
761 Posts
Damn I wish i'da known that earlier, I was wonderin why they wernt stickin... l0l. Do you think its easier to do the tints or spray?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts