Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that my new clutch is on the new top is on its time to finish all the little things then start heavy modding.

So the next step in this process is taking off the front 2 window tints as they are scratched and the asshole who had the car before me was stupid

so how hard is it to take them off and how hard is it to put them on?

I put the letter inserts in and i put a windsheild decal so i know what to do but how hard is it?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have the money for it when i can just do it i have the spray bottle soap water and squeegie how much more difficult is it than the windsheild?

·
Registered
600 Posts
the side windows wont be that bad just use a lot of soapy water so you have some time to move it around. if you can get a soft squegee and an exacto knife. i would also suggest a heat gun or at least a hair dryer to help adhere the edges.

use a razor blade and some denatured alcohol to take off the adhesive that the old tint leaves

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i dont have the money for it when i can just do it i have the spray bottle soap water and squeegie how much more difficult is it than the windsheild?
true but im impatient lol. Plus knowing me i would mess something up

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol yeah im impatient too i might just wait till i have the money

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but sounds easy i know how to put it on let it dry the hardest part would be with the exacto knife

·
Registered
600 Posts
yea cutting it can be a bitch if you dont have a steady hand. just go really slow when you cut and you'll be alright

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
there is another thread about removing window tint in this section. IF i remember right it talks a little about installing in it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts