Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about smoking out my tail lights very lightly so it almost looks oem. When I had completely tinted tail lights in my Toyota I got at least 2 tickets for it, and light visibly showed through. My tail lights are in absolutely mint condition so I don't really want to sand them but will I have to to get a glossy shine off it?

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,399 Posts

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you plan on using to tint them? VHT Nightshades, taking them to a body shop to have them tint some clear to spray on, or using a lamin-x style film? The film will be the easiest to reverse, and leave you with factory lights again. Taking the lights to a body shop to have them tinted will yield the best results.

Ford Mustang (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) Tail Light Tint Smoked Film Covers
Yea I was going to use vht but I've had bad experiences with it. I think I might go with that lamin x thanks a lot.

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,399 Posts
I've never seen results that I like from VHT. I've used the film before on a couple of my past cars, and I have always been happy with the outcome.

·
Regular
1,237 Posts
You could get the vinyl tint from AM in case you need to remove it. Or 2 light coats of vht should work. What did you guys find wrong with it? I have 5 coats on mine, they looked a little dull from some angles, but after 20min or so of compounding and polishing by hand they look nice and glossy

Also, sanding doesn't give them the glossy shine, it just promotes adhesion

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
Self done vht. 2 coats with 3 coats of clear.

Attachments

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Forgot to keep counting after 3 coats so I have no idea how many I put on by the time I was finished..

Shitty phone made them look shitty, but they were really glossy.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
my buddy painted mine and just mixed black and clear paint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts