Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is posted somewhere, please just send the link so I don't waste anyones time, but when I checked the forum I couldn't find anything in specific.

I try and try to clean my polished cobra Y2K's and they still look like monkey butt. I use mothers aluminum polish and still nothing. Any tips and good products to use? I can't get the grime off the groves of the spokes or get a strong shine. I don't have a power ball and clean by hand which may be the problem but I dunno. These are my first set of rims.

·
Registered
761 Posts
iF I WAS IN YOUR SHOES... id just clean em more till they get clean... try a tooth brush on the gritty stuff... use a lot of rim cleaner

·
Registered
748 Posts
by hand FTW. the powerball sucked. i uses mothers mag aluminum polish on alot of things. need to put alot of elbow grease in sometimes. hand buffing/polishing is the way to go. ive done shows with my ex's car i built. took first at nopi and shined like hell. just gotta work it nice and good. mothers and meguiars are all i use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the powerball really suck? A toothbrush is a good idea. What's the toughest bristle I can use?

·
Registered
748 Posts
it sounds like a good idea, but imo by hand with a nice cloth/rag. i didnt have good results with the powerball. maybe i needed a corded drill, not cordless idk. butit didnt do well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'll give it a shot by hand and really get that elbow grease in there. If that's doesn't work I'm getting the powerball for my cord drill. We'll see this weekend if it's not raining!

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
try a power washer and then a product that cleans and brightens

·
Registered
927 Posts
bluemagic

·
Registered
600 Posts
black magic wheel cleaner spray is good to clean them, any toothbrush will work. my dad always made fun of me for using a spark plug socket on my lugs because i didnt want to scratch them, he always said the ****in things are chrome...not glass

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
im not sure what its called right this second there is this stuff that i know pepboys has its in a small container its has a siver label and the liqued is blue that **** will clean any aluminum perfect i used to use it on my bike it will polish it so good you reftction will see a refection

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
ok its called blue magic metal polish and its in an all blue container i have some for my bike

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
And has everyone been applying this by hand or by powerball?

(I'm rsk0528 just changed my username to a cooler one!) And uploaded pics, etc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
a polished wheel will lose its luster over time. get some mother's aluminum polish and polish them by hand. you'll know it's working when your cloth is turning black.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Do you keep going until it doesn't turn black? I know these wheels haven't lost their luster just yet. They were perfect when I bought them.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
But powerball sounds so much easier...

·
Registered
428 Posts
its very cheap, just foam, doesnt last at all. its no substitute for good ole fashioned elbow grease

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Oh damn, f-in foam. What kind of brushes, rags you use?

·
Registered
428 Posts
i just use soft cotten rags, i dont like anything harsh on my wheels. I never let my wheels get bad enough to need anything else.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts