Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I trying to get rid of a dent on my 10. The dent is on the bodyline of the door right in the middle. I park my car all the way back in the parking lot away from other cars and still someone manage to screw my car up.

Normally I'm able to fix dent with the Pull-A-Dent crap but not this time. I been told I might need to remove the door panel and try to apply pressure to pop it out.

Any ideas or tips?

Here a Pic

·
Registered
83 Posts
Google "paintless dent removal". A guy will stick a bar down in the window and gently caress(!) the dent out of the door. Luckily the door is the easiest panel because of the window sill. You can also watch how its done on youtube so you'll feel safer.

I just had my one and only dent removed last week. It cost $90 and took about 30 minutes. You can't even tell there used to be a dent there at all. The only clue is very very minor paint imperfection/scuff from the ding but you have to be 2' away to tell. (The fix doesn't damage the paint)

The ding was a quarter size and used to bother me every time I looked at the passenger side. Now I'm back to perfect shape!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the panel out yesterday but there is a reinforce part of the door right in the middle and I could not get the dent out no matter what. I have maybe about half an inch of space to fit anything there. I been youtubinh video for the last month lol it sucks I really hate the ugly small dent there!

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Take it to a pro. They may be able work the dent out better than you can. If they can't, its probably time for some bondo and paint.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Take it to a pro. They may be able work the dent out better than you can. If they can't, its probably time for some bondo and paint.
^This.

Paint-less dent removal. They have magic...special adhesives and little mini-nail things with three legged suction cup octopuses that pull in a specific spot...dry ice...heat...voodoo mixed with smoke and mirrors and a chant along with smoking orbs, incense burning with Pink Floyd playing in the background...

I don't know all their tricks but my buddies car got hail damage, and when they were done with it it looked better than new. There wasn't a dent on that whip!

So...yeah....hire a pro. :yes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts