Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far the car has major suspension/handling work done, 4:11 gears, drag radials, a bama 87 octane performance tune, and an air intake upgrade.

i want to make my car a monster, without ripping the rear seats out, putting a full cage in it, or replacing much of the motor internals.

so far im looking at throwing the mammoth Kenne Bell kit on top of this motor and calling it a day.

so please help me out with some suggestions:
A. what would be the cheapest to more expensive upgrades for HP gains
B. what would be at the top of your own 'to do list'
C. misc things that the 05+ mustangs have issues with that i should look out for
D. anything that isnt life threatening, yet would do the car some good

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Mammoth KB + stock 4.6 = pop goes the weasel.

You killed yourself with your own words "I want to make my car a monster" you are not going to do that without spending some money on the internals. Whats the sense in putting a mammoth on there if you cant run 20+ pounds into your engine.

You can put a smaller blower on and keep the boost down so you are around the 500 mark to play safe....but that is hardly a monster as alot of guys on here are in that range.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Is it even possible to put the Mammoth on a 4.6? I thought it was just for the 5.4?

And like 07 said, you can't make the car a monster w/o new internals. Unless you like 450 whp is a monster :dunno

From the mods you listed my next step would be nitrous

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
+1 on the internals statements.

500 is your limit at the wheels in terms of what the bottom end can handle, specifically the rods, in these engines.

So I guess it depend on your definition of 'monster'.

If 500 at the wheels is kickass to you, you're set. Go forced induction or toss a big shot at it, upgrade the fuel system and exhaust, and away you go.

If by monster you mean what most of us think when we hear that word, say, an 800 rwhp monster, you're not doing that without tearing the engine down or replacing it with a different, stronger engine.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Yeah, I agree with these guys. Without doing internals and spending some coin, you will not achieve "monster" status but can still have a pretty quick street car. You can get up to high 400s on the stock internals but anything over that and you playing with dynamite. Hopefully, your not refering to high 400s as a monster as we are not far from cars coming with numbers like that from the factory ( GTs ).

What exactly do you have and consider as "major suspension work done"? The mamoth does fit the 4.6, but is definitally overkill here. You would be fine with a P1SC procharger, 2.6 KB, ect... as most of these are capable of boost levels that would get you in the high 500/low 600s ( if you had the bottom end to support it ).

As for my list of things on the top of the list. There are still PLENTY of mods left that you shoudl consider. But, its hard to say without a complete mod list on your car.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so should i make a new thread without mentioning Kenne Bell? because this ones pretty much ruined.

i figured i would get more thought out posts than this. i mean just because im buying a mammoth kit doesnt mean im going to run it full psi right off the bat.. just because i have all the suspension upgrades and rides like a race car, doesnt mean its only going to be a track car. just because i run with drag radials doesnt mean its going to be a trailer queen to a strip.

so from this point on, does anyone have the knowledge of what was actually asked for in the original post?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
so should i make a new thread without mentioning Kenne Bell? because this ones pretty much ruined.

i figured i would get more thought out posts than this. i mean just because im buying a mammoth kit doesnt mean im going to run it full psi right off the bat.. just because i have all the suspension upgrades and rides like a race car, doesnt mean its only going to be a track car. just because i run with drag radials doesnt mean its going to be a trailer queen to a strip.

so from this point on, does anyone have the knowledge of what was actually asked for in the original post?
Nope, we're all idiots here.

·
14,391 Posts
No, we can continue on in this thread... Liek I said, we need more info on what exactly your mods are ( like specifically the part, type, and brand ). As for the KB discussion. If you were to get a mamoth and run it at 10psi, this would be retarded ( no offense ). But it would be very ineffient and you would see better power gains and better response from the 2.6 @ 10psi instead of the 2.8. Not to mention if you not doing anything to your bottom end ( internals ) then your not going over 14psi for a daily driver ( and thats pushing it ) and the 2.6 is perfectly capable of handling those boost levels.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
dude chill, there are very knowledgeable people on this site....if you don't want to go the S/C route like my self just say so

·
14,391 Posts
WTF? No one is talking trash (yet)... You obviously have no clue about nodding cars otherwise your reply would be as follows:

" wow, thanks for the info guys. I didn't realize that the mamouth actually requires more power to turn than the others and that my car doesn't have what it takes to adequately turn the blower. Maybe I should get 2.6... I was just wanting the momoth so I could say that I have it and everyone would bow before me and worship the ground I walk upon even though I would get owned by someone will less mods than me becuase they asked for advice and actually listened to what was being said and now their car is exactly what they were trying to achieve. But then agian I guess they wouldn't ge the 50 extra horsepower that come with having a fancy name like mamouth."

but then agian what would I know, I have only been building mustangs for 14 years and worked as an ASE certified certified tech for 4 of those years and by your rules this should make me God cause of fancy titles.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
WTF? No one is talking trash (yet)... You obviously have no clue about nodding cars otherwise your reply would be as follows:

" wow, thanks for the info guys. I didn't realize that the mamouth actually requires more power to turn than the others and that my car doesn't have what it takes to adequately turn the blower. Maybe I should get 2.6... I was just wanting the momoth so I could say that I have it and everyone would bow before me and worship the ground I walk upon even though I would get owned by someone will less mods than me becuase they asked for advice and actually listened to what was being said and now their car is exactly what they were trying to achieve. But then agian I guess they wouldn't ge the 50 extra horsepower that come with having a fancy name like mamouth."

but then agian what would I know, I have only been building mustangs for 14 years and worked as an ASE certified certified tech for 4 of those years and by your rules this should make me God cause of fancy titles.

:lmao:humpnana

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fox:
at this point should i pull out my dick too and enter the pissing contest?

ive been working on mustangs for 18 years, ive done all there is to do on 60's cars, but just to be a nice guy and stay away from the dick waving; i never asked for help or thoughts about my supercharger.

"so far im looking at throwing the mammoth Kenne Bell kit on top of this motor and calling it a day."

i already have the kit, havent installed it yet, waiting to hit a bunch of spots at once instead of step by step. you being a mechanic should share the same preference on such procedures.

so please help me out with some suggestions:
A. what would be the cheapest to more expensive upgrades for HP gains
B. what would be at the top of your own 'to do list'
C. misc things that the 05+ mustangs have issues with that i should look out for
D. anything that isnt life threatening, yet would do the car some good

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think what you need to do is define what you mean by "I want to make my car a monster". This statement is to general and too ambiguous for this forum. What do you want to do with the car? I'll use myself as an example: I want a great street car, I don't plan to race it but would like more street performance. So for me, fundamentally the Edlebrock S/C kit and some suspension mods would be perfect and all I need (and would not require an upgraded bottom end). However, for somebody who wants to race (1/4 mile or otherwise), and I think for most who read this post, my personal goals would probably not be considered a "monster". So if you can provide what your goals are with the car, people will be able to give you better recommendations.

EDIT:

So I try to be nice to a newbie, and right before I post mine, this F'ing A-hole posts this:

"fox:
at this point should i pull out my dick too and enter the pissing contest?

ive been working on mustangs for 18 years, ive done all there is to do on 60's cars, but just to be a nice guy and stay away from the dick waving; i never asked for help or thoughts about my supercharger.

"so far im looking at throwing the mammoth Kenne Bell kit on top of this motor and calling it a day."

i already have the kit, havent installed it yet, waiting to hit a bunch of spots at once instead of step by step. you being a mechanic should share the same preference on such procedures.

so please help me out with some suggestions:- here you go shithead

OK 18 year mechanic, you are so smart, so WTF are you asking us for help!?! If you have the kit, then you know what you are going to do, so WTF are you asking anyway? But to help you out:

A. what would be the cheapest to more expensive upgrades for HP gains- IDIOT, you have a supercharger sitting in your house, I'm pretty sure that is the best HP upgrade you can do right now
B. what would be at the top of your own 'to do list'- New bottom end, but apparently you don't like that answer so you keep asking. I've got a better idea, get agent 49 mirrors, they make killer power.
C. misc things that the 05+ mustangs have issues with that i should look out for- yup plently, but depends on what your plans are for the car but you apparently can't be bothered to describe those.
D. anything that isnt life threatening, yet would do the car some good"- WTF does this even mean!?! Better ask your doc for a new prescription....

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Are you kidding james?

You're pissed off because you don't like the suggestions given you?

No one here has said anything even remotely offensively to you. You came to a public forum, put up a question, and now you're bitching because you don't like the suggestions given to you?

Let me be blunt to you then:

I don't give a **** how long you've been working on Mustangs. Having the Mammoth and not changing anything on the bottom end is asking for trouble.

If you're saying you are going to run it at low psi and THEN upgrade the bottom end, say that. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

If you're going to be that sensitive you aren't going to last long here.

·
Registered
583 Posts
And Mr.zip can't be any more straight forward. Deff gotta be thick skinned here. Don't get me wrong...since the first day i joined...there are many dicks roaming around this forum. Many things people say may come off as offensive and hurtful but you just gotta know how they are and how they explain things. No one on here is trying to piss you off just because of what you posted. Just be specific on what you are looking for. And even after 18yrs of workin on mustangs I'm sure you'll learn more than a few things by roaming around on this forum

·
14,391 Posts
You never answered my question about what specifically your mod list is. This will make a difference in the recomended parts to get. Do you have any exhaust yet (headers, midpipe, mufflers )? Shifter? Control arms? Tuner? Who writes your tunes? See, this would alot easier and alot more informative if we knew exactly what you had. As for you already having the mamouth, I would highly digest you sell it or trade it for a 2.6, as I don't know about you but I would be pissed if I dropped over 10k in my car and could break out of 12s. Honestly, you don't seem very knowledgable for someone with as much expierence as you claim to have.

Btw- you don't want to compare dicks with my FYI.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts