Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys after my last trip to the track I realized I need tires BADLY. These 4.10s kick ass but traction is owning me. So any who I saw on a local board there was a guy running a set of SLICKs on a V6 wheel. Well one of my buddies tossed me a set of 02 V6 wheels for free. So my question is what kind of slicks can i run on these wheels? If i dont go with slicks I'll run DRs whats the biggest tires i can run on these? Thanks for the help guys/gals

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Hey guys after my last trip to the track I realized I need tires BADLY. These 4.10s kick ass but traction is owning me. So any who I saw on a local board there was a guy running a set of SLICKs on a V6 wheel. Well one of my buddies tossed me a set of 02 V6 wheels for free. So my question is what kind of slicks can i run on these wheels? If i dont go with slicks I'll run DRs whats the biggest tires i can run on these? Thanks for the help guys/gals

i run MT ET Streets on a set of 16" V6 rims, but they are from an 07. the tires measure 26x10.5. you can also get a 28" tall tire i think which i should have done. after doing that i have no issues with traction. for the $400 i spent i dropped my ET 7/10ths. there aren't many mods you can do that will drop your ET that much for that cheap. nitrous would be the only one to come close, but it would cost more and you would still need the tires.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I threw them on last thursday for the track use. I ran the 16's and they BARELY clear the brakes. I'm 99% sure the 15's wont clear the rear brakes.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I threw them on last thursday for the track use. I ran the 16's and they BARELY clear the brakes. I'm 99% sure the 15's wont clear the rear brakes.
Well that sucks!! I guess I have 15's for sell then.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts