Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing some changing. I was thinking about getting some 17x10.5 black bullet deep dish rims for the back for my gt since they aren't too expensive and running some nittos drag radial on them. What I was wanting from this was. To wonder if they would look ok with my 18x9 dd rims in the front and whether it would be worth doing. Since I got my nx kit, I want to be able to hook, but I also don't want it to look funny. If anybody has done something similar, pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Id say if it's just for the track go for it, while your at it throw some skinnies on the front and it will look really mean looking;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
It will look good. Imo our cars look better with staggered rims. Im about to order 10.5 for mine and drag radials. You shouldt have any trouble finding pics as a lot of people on here run them.:D

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even with 18x9 in the front?

·
Registered
299 Posts
My FR500's are 18x9 front w/ 265/35 tire, deep dish 18x10 in rear w/ a 285/35.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My FR500's are 18x9 front w/ 265/35 tire, deep dish 18x10 in rear w/ a 285/35.
I just didn't know if puting a 17 inch rim with a 18 rim in the front would look funny nut I guess I will have fat beef tires out back.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
It might look funny, but who cares what it looks like at the track. You can probably find a stock rim and put some DRs on it.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I don't think it would look good at all and it will give your ABS fits. I'm assuming you currently have 18x9s on the back as well as the front. Just get some 295/35/18 or 295/40/18s Nitto 555Rs for your current wheels.

Nittos run a bit small. I've run Sumitomo 315/35s and Nitto 315/35s and the Nittos appear to be more of a 305 or 295 than a 315. If that is the case with their 18' tires then a 295 will fit your wheels just fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Even with 18x9 in the front?
Sorry I missed the 18 part. Idk.about that but if your just going to run the drs at the track who cares...just run your 18s and when you go to the track put your drs on.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I missed the 18 part. Idk.about that but if your just going to run the drs at the track who cares...just run your 18s and when you go to the track put your drs on.
Kinda what I was thinking..

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
do you plan on leaving the 17's on the back on the street? if so try and sell/trade them for some 17's alot of people would probably be willing to trade with you. if you only want them for the track i would invest in some drag style setup. they are kind of pricey but well worth it. you can usualy pick up a set of used weld or other brand race wheel used for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
this is what i run they are 125 a wheel. perfect size is a 15x10 with a 6.5 back spacing and a 5x4.5 lug spacing. you would be shocked how light those wheels are with a bias ply tire. oh yeah tires are cheaping for 15's

if you dont feel comfy driving on slicks then this is a great tire even though they are kind of expensive

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3753R/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts