Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 18" saleens on my 2003 GT premium recently. 265/35 in the front & 285/35 in the back. I should have no problems clearing, but I looked at the back drivers side tire this past weekend and noticed a yellow streak on the outside sidewall about 5" long. My car is yellow...

I also noticed a burning smell while driving, but thought it was the new brakes I put on going thru an adjustment phase

Why would there be rubbing issues for me? The backs do sit closer to the fender va the front, but that makes sense I suppose considering the 285s are bigger than the 265's

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
The issue is likely worn bushings of the rear suspension, because tire sizes are fine :yes

Lots to check, but let's start here. How many miles do you have on your car and does the tire with paint on it, sit closer to the fender than the other?

Jazzer :)

PS. Generally, one uses a 30 series out back, as it will afford a bit more clearance, but not likely where you need it currently.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
If you stand about twenty or so feet behind your car is one of your axles about 3/4" further then the other? Is your tire sticking out from under the tire well?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to check these things this weekend and report back. Absolutely not time during the week.

Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts