Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 gt with 17*9 and 17*10.5 out back and i was wondering if the 315 35 17 nitto radials would have enough clearence to fit. i have 285 in the back right now and the work fine but i dont thnk theres that much space left.

Does anyone have this size tire on thier 96-98?

·
Registered
962 Posts
yes, nittos are made smaller anyway, however a 315/35/17 shouldnt have any issues other then sharp turns...

G

·
DAMN!! They told me at the tire place that 285's was pushing it if I would've known that 305's or 315's would fit I would've spent the extra cash!!! lol Oh well lesson learned...

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
DAMN!! They told me at the tire place that 285's was pushing it if I would've known that 305's or 315's would fit I would've spent the extra cash!!! lol Oh well lesson learned...
How wide are your rear wheels?

·
Registered
962 Posts
they tell you stuff like that to save their asses incase there is issues...

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Umm Just Adding my 2cents But i was always told the only thing you need to do is remove the quad shock and they will fit fine. ihave 275s on mine with a 9.5 wheel and i have 9.5s with 255s in the front but the rub a lil when the whell is cut completly all the way

·
Registered
663 Posts
255 is 10 more than stock, it's still a tiny tire.

I hear Nitto run small you can try that. I've heard when going with a 10/10.5" wheel that there are issues with the quad shock rubbing on the rear. I think you can hack it up to clear or just remove it all together and invest in lower control arms. Removing the quad shocks is braindead easy.

Obviously you are looking to hook so you might as well spend the cash to do it.

Whoever thought making a car stick to the road would cost so much money?:yes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts