Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my tires in the near future and I was wondering whats the widest tire I could fit on a 9.5" wide rim. Right now I'm running a 245/45R17. And I just want to see if I could go wider.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
:yes

You can go wider and up to a 285, I believe. The tire you run will have an approved wheel width rating in the specs page. Personally, I would not run over a 275, as this is pretty good fit for a 9.5" wheel.

Jazzer :)

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow thanks guys! I tried searching and it didn't come up with anything useful, but thanks wich88 and jazzer!

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BREDMAN: whats the actual size of your tire? like a 275/45? or 275/35?

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
I have 295's (30) on a 9 inch rim in the back and 275's (35) on a 9 inch rim in the front.....so it is possible.

Thats all my used tire guy had, I would go lower if I could choose, just saying it can be done that wide.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ Possible... but bad idea :(

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
probably, but surprisingly they have still have a lot of thread left and it's been a while.

like I said, they were the only ones he had, and I'm not going to turn down 295 pirel tires for 30 bucks each.

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh wow, but doesn't the tire have a little extra hanging over the edge of the rim?

·
Registered
508 Posts
They look good. A little bulge on the side wall, but not bad. :)

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
V8POWA, I love your car, looks damn good! and its not as bad as I thought, I thought it was going to hang over the edge alot but I guess not.

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah jazzer was saying that he would recommend 275's as the widest he would go, and yeah it is! your wheels are sexy on your car too!

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow! thats crazy, and why are the 295's bad for it?

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh well I like the look of your wheel with the 295's on there

1 - 20 of 26 Posts