Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ive heard 305's fit nicely under there but im sure ppl have been able to go as big as 335's with a few changes

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
what size wheels are on your car? factory 18s or the brembo/track pack 19s? ideally you want to buy a tire for the measured rim width of your car to keep the correct tire dimensions

·
Registered
198 Posts
Vorshalg is running 315s, but they apparently had to get custom offset wheels & switch to the Whiteline rear sway bar. IIRC, the wheels are 18x10 (check their site, they are selling them) Look up threads from Terry Fair here, on S197Forums, and Corner-Carvers. He's got a ton of great info about the 2011 build.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Vorshalg is running 315s, but they apparently had to get custom offset wheels & switch to the Whiteline rear sway bar. IIRC, the wheels are 18x10 (check their site, they are selling them) Look up threads from Terry Fair here, on S197Forums, and Corner-Carvers. He's got a ton of great info about the 2011 build.
The wheels on the Vorshlag 2011 car that runs 315's UNDER the fenders are Forgeline 18x12's (in the rear, and 18x11's up front) with custom offset and backspacing and all that. At one point they had 345's under the rear but decided to stop using them for looks, track width (too wide for autocross as they stuck out of the fenders) and because the 315 fronts and the 345's in the rear caused too much understeer.

They do sell the D-Force 18x10's which should be able to fit 315's. I should also point out that the tires they are using are also DOT approved racing slicks (Hoosier A6) which I'm sure are shorter in overall height then 27.3" tall tires that the stock Mustang comes with.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I don't think he would ever go that wide for front, on S197 Vorshalg had a long build up, and they were the one to solve the EPAS problem.

for stock 5.0 I seen people going for 335, I am running 305 with no issues at all (I am talking about the rear)

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I don't think he would ever go that wide for front, on S197 Vorshalg had a long build up, and they were the one to solve the EPAS problem.

for stock 5.0 I seen people going for 335, I am running 305 with no issues at all (I am talking about the rear)
Well they don't daily drive on those slicks, they wouldn't last but a month before having zero compound left. They are also cutting and flaring their 2013 for a square 345 setup for maximum grip. Those are competition sizes. 285 up front would be tolerable though. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got MickeyThompson 18"x12"x30" tires at REAR w/18"x10" 'standardOffset' rims...they dont 'stick out' & they dont rub BUT I tried some EibachSportlines & the tires Rubbed, so I put stock springs back on.
These rear tires look incredible, I got stock tires up front...the car looks ready for the drag strip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got MickeyThompson 18"x12"x30" tires at REAR w/18"x10" 'standardOffset' rims...they dont 'stick out' & they dont rub BUT I tried some EibachSportlines & the tires Rubbed, so I put stock springs back on.
These rear tires look incredible, I got stock tires up front...the car looks ready for the drag strip.
need pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts