Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be needing some new tires and brakes soon. Ive done some research and have decided on these:

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 255/45/18's all around

Hawk Ceramic Pads all around

About 850 bucks total installed

Any suggestions? I don't know much about brakes so if you guys could help me out that would be great.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one has some advice? maybe i should post this in the Clubhouse lol. 05 thread is failing

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im installing the pads myself. so its 850 everything installed. NIttos are a little expensive for me. im going for the best bang for my buck. and for the brake lines. im not sure if i could install them myself. i probably could but i've never done it before.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
im installing the pads myself. so its 850 everything installed. NIttos are a little expensive for me. im going for the best bang for my buck. and for the brake lines. im not sure if i could install them myself. i probably could but i've never done it before.
Nittos expensive. To me they are cheap...180 something for that size? If these hankooks are some generic tire i think you are crazy for putting them on this car. Why not just get some more BFG's.

Its all good though brother. The nittos get sick milaege to man. I got 50k out of my last set of nittos. Thats with all the goofing off i do and with running some negative camber. Put good years on the car and they got cooked in 6,000 miles becuase of my camber.

Got a freind with a termi. Keeps putting off racing me becuase of his cheap tires.........problem is that he bought two sets of tires in the time i ran my nittos and he puts less miles on the car. Like 30k and two sets of tires so is he really saving money?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and yeah im on stock rims. well the hankook tires come on the BMW 650s at my work and they are 150 bucks a tire for 255s. i'll look into the nittos more but i just need some tires that are gonna lst a while until i can afford a new set of wheels and tires that i really want.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i understand. and i appreciate the help. i forgot about the discount and free shipping.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
i understand. and i appreciate the help. i forgot about the discount and free shipping.
Problem with tires is two fold. You can look at treadwear count. But its hard to know what it means from different companies. Like if you are comparing two tires from nitto lets say and compare a 200 treadwear count to a 300 that means something. But from two different companies the numbers are not comparable.

So you have to go on recomendations.

Which brings up the second issue. feedback on the net is useless. I remember after I ordered my first set of nittos i saw a lot of negative feedback on them. just trashing them. I got worried. But all and all its been a great tire for me on the street and on the track. And i like how long it last. They have a 300 treadwear count. But its still a pretty soft tire, it just has really deep tread.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool thanks. i'll consider those when i buy then. and with the discount for americanmuscle i think its affordable.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Hankook makes some nice tires for sure, but them Nittos are very nice and they are a proven model.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Tires are probably the most important purchase you will ever make for your ride. Every power and performance mod that we do to our cars has to be translated to the ground through them. Whether it be a blower for more power, or suspension upgrades for more grip, these mods are only going to be as good, and perform as well, as the tires you have. I've got over $1000 invested with my Toyo T1R's and Nitto DR's, but in my eyes, it is well worth every dollar spent to have a set up that you can push to the limits with the confidence that I have. Be wise and buy the best for what you can spend when it comes to your tires.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
How do you use the car?

Guys here like Nittos, but most of 'em are straight-line only. Hankook makes a decent tire, most guys likely haven't heard of 'em because they're more popular in the autocross crowd. Personally, I run two sets of tires; a set of Toyo RA1s on autocross days, and a set of cheap all-seasons on the street (Usually Kumho ASXs).

For pads, Hawks are one of about three brands that I'll run. My preference is for Porterfields, though they're a hair bit more expensive, and if you're the type to whine about brake dust they are NOT for you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts