Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 17x 10.5 rims on my 01 mustang now and i was wondering what is the biggest tire size i could fit on my 1965 mustang. Also what rim looks best. I know this isnt right section but yall know alot and was just going to see what you think.

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
I've got the same size rear wheels on my Mustang. I have 245/45R17 BFGoodrich g-Force™ T/A® KDW front tires and 315/45R17 BFGoodrich g-Force™ T/A® Drag Radial rear tires mounted on chrome bullitt rims. I used to have Sumitomo's and when I replaced those with my current tires the shop had to hammer something in on the right side due to wheel rub, but after that I haven't had any issues at all.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about my 65 mustang.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I would imagine you would have to do some inner fender customization to get a 10.5 on a 65 stang.... or a big wheel spacer! it would look sick as hell though

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive posted both places but I dont beleive im going to be able to get 10.5 wide rims on there. I was just seeing whats the biggest i can get in there with no modifications

·
3,156 Posts
From a five second Google search:

1965-1966 Mustang
15- to 18-inch: All rim diameters use 7-inch-wide wheels with 41/4-inch backspacing and 225-section-width tires up front. Rear wheels are 8-inch with 4-1/2-inch backspacing and 235-section-width tires in the rear except for 18-inch rear wheels, which can use 245/35 tires. Tire aspect ratios for each rim diameter are as follows: 15-inch, 60; 16-inch, 50; 17-inch, 40; 18-inch, 35.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude i can google search to, was just asking everyones opinion. If you dont want to post then dont. Thanks everyone else for the help. Ive been reading up on it to and seems like ill stick with 15x8 in rear and stock size in front

·
3,156 Posts
I wasn't trying to be an asshole or anything.... I'm here to help.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its cool man. Im irritated today so i probably took it wrong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts