Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my tires on a 2007 gt. any advice on a gods all around tire?

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Daily driver, year round, snow, tire size you want?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No snow. I live in Florida. Daily driver. I have HR race springs and tociko d specs.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Good Year Eagle F1 Super Car
If your looking for something less agressive I have Continental Extreme Contact DWS. I run them on My volvo Year round, in NH, but I do have AWD, but they wear nice, no problems in the rain. and I know alot of people like Nittos, but not the best quality, I personally didnt like them. But I know people like BFG KDW 2s as well.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Good Year Eagle F1 Super Car
If your looking for something less agressive I have Continental Extreme Contact DWS. I run them on My volvo Year round, in NH, but I do have AWD, but they wear nice, no problems in the rain. and I know alot of people like Nittos, but not the best quality, I personally didnt like them. But I know people like BFG KDW 2s as well.
I would go even further to say Conti ExtremeContact DW (no S) for a good summer tire that wont break the bank. Lots of folks using them as autocross rain tires because they are about the same as Hoosier H20's (Wets) in the rain for a fraction of the cost and they last a lot longer. Pretty good in the dry too but obviously not the fastest tire above 140 treadwear.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Well I say all you need is a good summer tire then. What's your budget and do you need the front or back or both?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All four tires... Im leaning towards continental....

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Toyo T1R's

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Conti are great, Nittos also

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah I got Nittos 555. However once I need new ones I'm swapping over to DR. Plus for me I want to get the largest sidewall to fill up my fender well, that's personal preference though.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
^^-1, nittos suuuuck some huge D. The ones I had 555s, not the Rs, both front tires had wear issues, werent completly round, and I had someone at sullivan look at and I had to replace it because of that. They are terrible in the rain. And ive had their drag radials on a 91LX with a vortech supercharger, wasnt impressed with them either, are they cheap yhea, but for an everyday car I wouldnt use them.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
^^-1, nittos suuuuck some huge D. The ones I had 555s, not the Rs, both front tires had wear issues, werent completly round, and I had someone at sullivan look at and I had to replace it because of that. They are terrible in the rain. And ive had their drag radials on a 91LX with a vortech supercharger, wasnt impressed with them either, are they cheap yhea, but for an everyday car I wouldnt use them.
Nitto is made by toyo and are very good tires and are by far not cheap.

Tires do not have wear issues, cars have shitty suspension.

As far as the OP is concerned all the tires listed here are incredibly expensive, I personally would recommend a cooper zeon RS3-A, they are miles cheaper than goodyear or michelins, and are not very far behind in quality.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Nittos lack quite a bit when you actually start comparing them to good performance tires. There's a reason they call them shittos.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I am not standing up for nittos, but they are good bang for buck! They never wore out with me, check your psi maybe, and any tires you have won't give the best performance without suspension mods..

I run BS Potenza S001, they used to spin alot specially I got 305 in the rear, but that changed after my LCA and UCA, they grip real good though treadwear is 280, add on that Ferrari Italia got them on.

Toyo R888 are great!! but their age approx 10000miles

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah I havent had any issues out of mine yet. And my car is a DD so they are still doing good for that

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts

As far as the OP is concerned all the tires listed here are incredibly expensive, I personally would recommend a cooper zeon RS3-A, they are miles cheaper than goodyear or michelins, and are not very far behind in quality.
You do know a set of Goodyears, stagered is under 1k, and yes tires can have wear issues if they were not made properly.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts

You do know a set of Goodyears, stagered is under 1k, and yes tires can have wear issues if they were not made properly, within 10k on my car, one front tire was not shaped correctly and that was with a brand new car.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
You do know a set of Goodyears, stagered is under 1k, and yes tires can have wear issues if they were not made properly, within 10k on my car, one front tire was not shaped correctly and that was with a brand new car.
I own a tire store, a set of goodyears is more than 1000. 99.999% of tires are made properly, I have seen 4 bad tires in the last 10 years, if they arent shaped properly they have separated for a multitude of reasons. your 1.5" drop and no CC plates is what caused your tire wear. Dont blame the tires for your mistake!

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Im at the stock ride height and im only dropping my rear 1.25 so you might want to read stuff alittle more closely............ and check out tire rack, thats where I buy my tires, then I have them shipped to my house and then I take them somewhere and mount them, and when I had my problem with my nittos, my car had maybe 10k on it, and I had the tires on their from the week I got the car brand new, they had an out of round problem.

255/45/18
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=545WR8F1SUPERCAR&tab=Sizes

285/35/18
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=84WR8F1SPRCRV2&tab=Sizes

The exact tire sizes I have on my car the total comes out to $970

1 - 20 of 24 Posts