Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am putting together a list for my tax returns and tires are # 1. I will only see the track maybe 4 times next summer and 2 of those will be at roadamerica (roadrace track). What would be the best all around tires I for what I am looking for? Keep in mind that this car is daily driver when winter is up so treadware is kinda of important to me. So im pretty set on 255 on all 4 corners. Reps to any imput/ opinions/ advice! thanks!

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
How much are you expecting back?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Everybody wants to have it both ways. If you want dry traction you have to give up treadwear and wet weather traction, so nobody can answer your question but yourself. How much do you want to give up for what you are going to get? Its economics 101.

Toyo R888's and R1R's are street legal tires that will offer great traction for the track, but may not be condusive to daily driving. I recently switched to T1R's for the street and got better wet weather traction. I took off the rears and switched them Nitto DR's though. I never look at treadwear, they are only good for comparing tires of the same brand because everybody does it differently. I only look at the qualities that effect my handling, not how often I have to buy them. I'll be lucky to get 10K out of my DR's and they cost me $600.

Reactions: Rico-mofos

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas. Its hard for me to look at it from that perspective Boss because of the situation im in but I appreciate the input though. I know you get what you pay for so I am looking to see what you guys are running and how long they have lasted you. So looks like you guys are getting between 6-10 out of the NT555rs with moderate track use?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I think 10k is about average for 555R's and about 23k for 555's
That's one of the drawbacks I'm facing when considering new wheels/tires. My michilin tires I have now are 40k mile tires, and I really don't want to have to be buying tires every year, but I want some good traction tires

:crazy

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I think 10k is about average for 555R's and about 23k for 555's
I wish the Nitto NT555Rs lasted 10,000 miles... :(

I've had my Nitto NT555s on the front of my car since it was brand new. I've got 18,000 miles on my car and they've got plenty of life left in them. I think they'll make it to 27,000-30,000 miles easily.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
28k! dam thats the definitely the highest ive heard so far. NT555 or BFGs is what I have narrowed it down to so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts