Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im going to get some new rims soon and i havnt decided which tires i know i want the Invos up front but should i get them out back as well or get the MT ET Streets or the NT05 ??
Pros and cons id like to hear it.. also i have a friend selling me some NT05 just for drag ... should i get those and the Invos all around for my daily Use??
Thanks

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
if your getting drag tires get some drag tires. no5's are ok but they wont hook nearly as good as a set of mt et drag radials, or even better a set of slicks

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just sold my slicks man i didnt like em i wasnt comfortable with them

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
being an auto without a converter (even with the nitrous/cams) I'd just get 555r's & leave them on all the time.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
^ what he said, switching drag radials at the track just seems like extra work, more gains would come from running a race wheel and bias ply slick but to each their own

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
^ what he said, switching drag radials at the track just seems like extra work, more gains would come from running a race wheel and bias ply slick but to each their own
with his mods, he'll be fine on the 555r's (with the stock converter & the torque loss from the intake, he can't leave hard enough to need anything else).

he really wouldn't see a gain from slicks at this time (other than mabie weight)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
whats the factory GT auto stall rpm?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
whats the factory GT auto stall rpm?
it can flash to around 2200 but when footbraked it starts to aerate & looses its torque multiplication abilities over 1000.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I called a converter shop in AZ to make me a custom converter to my specs so right now I just gta call back and it'll begin the works

·
Registered
224 Posts
what do you plan to do 90% of the time? if it's driving on the street in summer, sometimes in the rain, i'd get some high performance summer tires and buy a set of racing tires or slicks later on. it doesn't make sense to me to get tires that are marginal for daily driving but work well for the 3 or 4 days a year you go to the track.

as far as which tires to get, i always start with the reviews from tirerack.com.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the way the summer season started I'll go to the drags more than 3 or 4 times

·
Registered
224 Posts
that's cool. my point is to get something that makes sense for most of what you do. if you go to the strip a lot, then drag radials would make sense. not trying to talk you into or out of anything, just suggesting to think about how you spend most of your time when in the seat and get something appropriate for that.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
what do you plan to do 90% of the time? if it's driving on the street in summer, sometimes in the rain, i'd get some high performance summer tires and buy a set of racing tires or slicks later on. it doesn't make sense to me to get tires that are marginal for daily driving but work well for the 3 or 4 days a year you go to the track.
:withhomo

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's cool. my point is to get something that makes sense for most of what you do. if you go to the strip a lot, then drag radials would make sense. not trying to talk you into or out of anything, just suggesting to think about how you spend most of your time when in the seat and get something appropriate for that.
Yea that's true I might just go with the invo all the way around and buy the a drag radial for the drags :D

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
there are no down side to the 555r's. they will be able to 60' any number your car (in it's current state even with a converter) will be capable of, they are un-noticeable in the rain & quite a few guys have gotten 20k miles out of them.

as far as converters go, stay away from the urge to re-invent the wheel. 4r70w/mod motor combo's have been out long enough now that the top converter companies (really only circle d & dirty dog) have all the angles covered.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts