Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to run a MT ET Street on the back of my 88 LX. Will a 255-60-15 fit with no probs. This will be on a stock 10 hole wheel. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size are the slicks?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was thinking they were about that size. I was wondering because it is only a 7" rim. I almost wonder if I cant fit a 275 on it. I was asking you by the way. Clearly the guy above knew the answer better though.:no Thanks for your help.

Josh

·
Registered
423 Posts
the only way to get a 275 to fit on a fox is to remove that spring in the back of your car

i cant remember what its called but i know without moving that spring the bigest you can fit is a 255

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I am going to try to run a MT ET Street on the back of my 88 LX. Will a 255-60-15 fit with no probs. This will be on a stock 10 hole wheel. Thanks for any help.

So....anyway....you realize that the 255/60 is a 28 inch tall tire, right?

it'll probably fit on an LX, but that is likely a taller tire than you need. What gear ratio are you running and what times are you expecting?

·
El Conquistador
1,117 Posts
the only way to get a 275 to fit on a fox is to remove that spring in the back of your car

i cant remember what its called but i know without moving that spring the bigest you can fit is a 255

its the "quad shock"

and i have MT ET drag radial 275/50/15 on a 15x8 dl on a 83 coupe, i had some rub issues but i rolled the fender and took a hammer to the inside of the fenderwell

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

it'll probably fit on an LX, but that is likely a taller tire than you need. What gear ratio are you running and what times are you expecting?
I thought that it was a 27 in tire. I am stock geared now but am going to go with a 3.73 next month. I am not expecting any times right now. I just got the car and am going to go out and run a couple times to get the feel for it. I have the 7 inch stock wheel and was just looking for something that was going to hook up. I was going to go with a 235 (which I thought was a 26 incher)but wasnt sure if that was just a waste of money or not.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts

Since when is a 255/60/15 a 28" tall tire? A 275/60/15 is a 28" tall tire... the 255mm tire with a 60a/s is 27".

I thought that it was a 27 in tire. I am stock geared now but am going to go with a 3.73 next month. I am not expecting any times right now. I just got the car and am going to go out and run a couple times to get the feel for it. I have the 7 inch stock wheel and was just looking for something that was going to hook up. I was going to go with a 235 (which I thought was a 26 incher)but wasnt sure if that was just a waste of money or not.
The 255mm tire will fit no problem. The 235mm would definately suit your needs alot better with your stock gearing, because its an inch shorter than the 255mm (assuming both have a 60% aspect ratio). The trick to selecting tires is to run the smallest you can hook with. A 235mm should be plenty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since when is a 255/60/15 a 28" tall tire? A 275/60/15 is a 28" tall tire... the 255mm tire with a 60a/s is 27".

The 255mm tire will fit no problem. The 235mm would definately suit your needs alot better with your stock gearing, because its an inch shorter than the 255mm (assuming both have a 60% aspect ratio). The trick to selecting tires is to run the smallest you can hook with. A 235mm should be plenty.

Thanks Goblin. I appreciate the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts