1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
for sure

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
hey I have a question ummm Im gettin my taxes back and I need tires I thought my taxes where going into the stang but I need tires

Im runnin 215 60 R15 I think
Should I just get new tires and if so how much and what kind?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
since you have the stock gears and what wheels are you your car......im guessing its the gt wheels.....if you can find them maybe a 235 50 r15 and if not i run a 225 60 15

·
Registered
401 Posts
i run 225 65 16 since the car is lowered so if it's lowered or will be definitely go for the 225's if not go bigger if you want

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
ok can you kind of explain that to me and I dont know if they are stock wheels they are chromed brb gonna check them

ok they are prime rims so I take it theyre not stock I kind of think my wheels are to skinny so can I get some wider ones I mean is that smart?
and what do the numbers mean? like I know r15 is the rim size lol but thats it*

no I will lower it later on down the line like a inch but that will be like atleast 5 maybe 6 months cause im tryin to get her solid but i NEED tires so thats why im gettin them lol dont want to have a blow out and BAM hit someone/something ya know
And I dont have a dounut spare =( so i can take the risk

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
the first number is the mm's wide across the tire and the second number in the mm from the edge of the rim to the top of the tire in any direction

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
oooooo ok so you suggest the 235 50 r15? what type like does it matter?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
oh as far as new wheels.......that wouldnt be a bad idea but i think you have more serious problems for now.....get a pic up here of the wheels.....even if they are 7 inches wide you will still be fine with a 225 60.....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
what do you mean by type......brand you mean?.......yeah and when i said 235 50 that would make the tire a lil wider and a lil shorter which would be like haveing lower gears but not much lower....

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
oh as far as new wheels.......that wouldnt be a bad idea but i think you have more serious problems for now.....get a pic up here of the wheels.....even if they are 7 inches wide you will still be fine with a 225 60.....
o no i mean tires sorry im stickin with these rims for now i mean tires sorry no im just lookin for tires right this second

rims later on down the road

yeah i have more sierous probs for now lol

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
what do you mean by type......brand you mean?.......yeah and when i said 235 50 that would make the tire a lil wider and a lil shorter which would be like haveing lower gears but not much lower....
ok yes I mean brand sorry im not very specific i'll try to be more specific ok then i will go with the 235 50 R15's then

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah im not sure that is a real common size and it might be more expensive......if that is the case just do the 225 60.....thats what i have in a cooper cobra and they were 85 a piece mounted and balanced......michelan ?spelling? cooper kumho there are plenty and bfg are all alright......its not near as big a deal with our cars because they are so lite as far as gettin the best tire

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
then try to find some used weld rims and tires ( 350 - 500 with tires ) these are lighter then stock and your car will accelerate quicker

damn i forgot his name lol but he said get some weld rims what do you think
cause i will have a little over 5 so I could get them because I dont really like my rims anyway haha but if they are that cheap i could get some i have seen rims for 800 and up without tires

1 - 14 of 14 Posts