Modded Mustang Forums banner

Who has the best tires?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys maybe this is in the wrong place or I just overlooked the site but, I couldn't find tires on here for nothing. But, I know you guys burn through tires just like your's truly, lol. So lets hear it what brand tires do you guys prefer and why. If possible tell the best price you have found on the tire and where as well. I'm trying to find some good priced good tires, bottom line and trying to see what works well. So lets hear it....:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well on my 98 I run the BFG KDW NT2 and they are great in the rain and good when it is dry. On the 90 I just put on a set of Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials have not had a chance to play on them yet.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
MT and hoosier make the best tire for straight line.

If turns, you'll be wanting something like a michelin pilot sport tire or Yokohama AVS

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
best as in drag racing, economy purposes, track racing ... what??

Kumho are the brand i have on my car... they are good... for economy purposes something like $60 a tires and they have lasted 2 summers

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I did the opposite switch with the opposite reaction, I like the AVS better, but the KDWs were good, got me a 1.8 60 foot on 225 all season KDWs

·
Registered
245 Posts
i've had bridgestone, dunlap and now bfg gforce sports. i like the bfgs the best so far. a lot is going to boil down to your needs, price, driving style, and preference. lot of guys like nitto, kuhmo, bfg, mt and others. tire rack has a comment section you might find it usefull. but i will say short of slicks i cant hook up for nothing w/ street tires

1 - 12 of 12 Posts