1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k pretty soon i'm going to get a new set
i was think abou this set up
Kumho's 275/40s on the front and 285/40s on the back
just want to know if the 285s will fit on the stock rims?

·
Registered
915 Posts
the tire guys will hate you. Trust me I do them all the time and it is waaaay too big for a stock 17x8. Stick with 255's in the back and 225's in the front. I have to 275's on my stockers and they dont look good and they are a PITA to get the bead seated. I have to use starting fluid. That wasnt fun

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya but like right now i have 255 all around just wanted to do the 275 in front and 285 in back so like i could get more of an agressive look like the back end is up higher u know
+ i like the buldging rubber look of the tires almost coming over the lip of the rim reminds me of the old muscles .

but 285&275/40s will work tho right?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I wouldn't go with anything bigger than a 275 in the back, it too much tire already but done over do it. Trust me.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't go with anything bigger than a 275 in the back, it too much tire already but done over do it. Trust me.
alright i'll take your advice lol:eek:thanks
so i guess i'm going to go with 275 all around.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i probably going to the 275 in back and 245 in front or just put 275 all around.
just goin to wait tho and find a stang that has that so i can see what it look like.

·
Registered
131 Posts
275 is still pushin it on a stock rim. I wouldn't risk it. Just buy some rims from ebay. they're like 400 for a whole set.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
yea...i bought ym wheels a few days before i had the car in my name lol...that should really be everyones first mod...i think stock wheels are the ugliest things...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
275 is still pushin it on a stock rim. I wouldn't risk it. Just buy some rims from ebay. they're like 400 for a whole set.
lol ya but like i would buy a new set but I love the way the Stock rims look on my stang.:D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
663 Posts
I went up an inch when I purchased my wheels. I thnk they are 9". I run M/T Drag Radials (275) in the rear and some terrible Sumitomo 255's in the front. The rear tires look excellent on a 9" wheel @ 275. The front still look good, but 255 fits "perfect" if not "a little tight" on a 9" wheel (at least Sumitomo.)

I want to buy another set of Cobra R 17" chrome wheels off eBay, but I only need two of the wheels. I love daily driving my Mickey Thompsons, but I think I'd like a nice set of Goodyear all around to not die in the rain and kill the wallet.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
I went up an inch when I purchased my wheels. I thnk they are 9". I run M/T Drag Radials (275) in the rear and some terrible Sumitomo 255's in the front. The rear tires look excellent on a 9" wheel @ 275. The front still look good, but 255 fits "perfect" if not "a little tight" on a 9" wheel (at least Sumitomo.)

I want to buy another set of Cobra R 17" chrome wheels off eBay, but I only need two of the wheels. I love daily driving my Mickey Thompsons, but I think I'd like a nice set of Goodyear all around to not die in the rain and kill the wallet.
you don't want goodyears. They are bad tires. Goodyears have more defects than any other tire brand we sell. They are over priced too. You're better off with nitto's... If you wan't something cheaper, go with kuhmo's.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
I had some Kumho's and I got no mileage out of them. Never again for me
I've had my kuhmo's on for almost a year and a half and still have 4/32's worth of tread left. You just have to make sure you rotate them regularly and keep them in balance. There better than the average goodyear, and cheaper.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts