Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i wanted to put a tlok and new gear setup wat kind of improvements would i notice besides the better control? also, what set of gears would be best for the v6 and how much would those and the tlok run for with installation?

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
you would notice a huge difference in your 0-60 time and about .5 second off your 1/4 mile time.

installation will run you about $350

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
if yur auto 4.10s....manual 3.73s....buy gears from americanmuscle.com, T-lok from speedconcepts.net

why isnt this should be a sticky already :confused:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
awesome thanks...one last question, what size is the rear axle case on the v6's is it 8.8 or 7.5

also are the gears and tlok the only thing that would be installed or would i have to get new axles as well?

I was looking at the speedconcepts.net website and the only tlok they have is the 8.8 rear end and i think the v6 is 7.5 (again not sure thats y i am asking)

If all i need is the tlok and gears i might get that done with my tax refund

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
awesome thanks...one last question, what size is the rear axle case on the v6's is it 8.8 or 7.5

also are the gears and tlok the only thing that would be installed or would i have to get new axles as well?

I was looking at the speedconcepts.net website and the only tlok they have is the 8.8 rear end and i think the v6 is 7.5 (again not sure thats y i am asking)

If all i need is the tlok and gears i might get that done with my tax refund
the v6 axle is 7.5".

when installing the gears and t-lok, youll also need a master bearing kit which is $75 at late model restoration.

speedconcepts.com def has the 7.5" t-lok, thats where i got mine from

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yes. since you are changing the gears and addign the t-lok....its just good measure to change the stock internals while you are already in there. So gears, t-lok, and master bearing kit (gear installation kit whatever you wanna call it) is all you need for the 7.5.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i have one last question on this topic, how long would it take to take the rear end apart and put it all back together... It seems like it can be done in a couple of hours...but then again i dont know

Thanks for the help guys

also is it going to hurt the car if this is the only thing major that has been done to it?

·
Registered
392 Posts
i just got mine done today, i had 4.10 gears, t-lock and a shift kit put in... big difference i love it... be careful i got ****ed with my price labor was 550 but i got charged a lil more for the transmission fluid and the gear oil all and all $693.00 only bad thing gas millage is loss due to the constant higher RPM but i think its worth it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have one last question on this topic, how long would it take to take the rear end apart and put it all back together... It seems like it can be done in a couple of hours...but then again i dont know

Thanks for the help guys

also is it going to hurt the car if this is the only thing major that has been done to it?
i dont think you would want to do the gears your self its not as easy as you may think. they need to be set just right and doing that is a bitch if you dont know exactly what your doing.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a mechanic friend who knows how to do this, and he was gonna let me help him do it, i wasnt planning on doing it all on my own thats y i wondered how long it would take thanks for the help guys

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Can u get a auto parts store to order a t lock or do u gotta order it online?
Note never order a performance part from an autoparts store, and no none that I know of carry differentials

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Can u get a auto parts store to order a t lock or do u gotta order it online?
you don't need a T lock you are apart of an import crew, all you need is a soda can on your exhaust, neons and you are all set:lmao:lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts