Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wont need a master bearing kit to install a tlok and keep my stock gears right? and is there anything to watch out for when buying a used tlok? like how used gears whine and stuff.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Might as well do it while your in their.
(gears and the master bearing kit)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would but i dont have the money for gears or to pay for the gas for the amout of highway driving that i do. but getting beat of the line because that one tire wont hook is getting old fast...

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
i would but i dont have the money for gears or to pay for the gas for the amout of highway driving that i do. but getting beat of the line because that one tire wont hook is getting old fast...
Well its like 1mpg on the highway.. And you may gain in the city. You might just wanna wait before you end up disappointed for not getting gears and pay for another install.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meh i was planning on doing it myself so im not to worried about that. really im just looking for a cheap way to spin both tires. maybe a junkyard diff from a truck or an ebay t-lok.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
meh i was planning on doing it myself so im not to worried about that. really im just looking for a cheap way to spin both tires. maybe a junkyard diff from a truck or an ebay t-lok.
If you don't know what your doing this is a bad idea.
A junkyard diff is a bad idea.

Bad + bad = HORRIBLE IDEA FTL

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
just open the diff and weld the spider gears = instalock.

otherwise, pay a pro with the $100 tools required to set backlash and properly set up a rearend

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
that does work, but i think it would bve rough for a daily driver since the 2 wheels cant differentiate speed when turning
i know, but if he wants to do it himself, he will see better results effing up his tire wear pulling into parking spots and turning... thats better than him incorrectly setting the gears in the differential and having them grind or whine...

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
never go cheap with mods... dont do anything until u got all the parts if u arent patient then go with a.b sugestion :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts