Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im FINALLY ready to do a real mod :D

i found a 7.5 posi with 4.10s on ebay. ($195 buy it now) gears are stock ford gears so i wont have to worry about whines with aftermarket gears that ive heard of

but what will i need to install this myself?

i have limited mechanical experience but am always willing to figure things out on my own & wanna make it my car, not the mechanics, haha

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
they aren't used are they?

and you will need a bearing kit, and a press and in all honesty a mechanic who has done it before watching you do it

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the one i'm looking at

my next door neighbor's a mechanic so if i feel like i'm getting in over my head i can just wait until he gets back from arizona next month

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
man used gears scare me, save up a but more and get them new or u'll run into problems

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think its from a ranger, cuz they can come stock with 410s.

i c where ur comin from with the used gears bein scary, only reason im thinkin about this is because they've always been with this differential

opinions?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
your diff is going to have different characteristics if he sends the whole diff put together go for it

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do you mean by noisy?

the way i see it whats the dif between a used diff from another car & my own used diff in my stang? ahha

but im a noob so idk

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
each car has its own individual wear pattern it sets in gears depending on the install your car will not match this wear pattern so they will whine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts