Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you have any upgrades or do any upgrades to the TR3650 in the newer Mustang. I am looking to put 600+ at the tires and the trans is my main concern. I want to stay with a 5 speed but may be swapping in a 4r70w if I have to many problems with it. Also do you sell a 4r70w that will handle some serious power. Something like FB Performance or Lentech.

Thanks, BJ

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do not have any upgrades for the TR3650 but I do know that at 500HP it is only a matter of time until you break the input shaft ( My buddy broke two). Yes I can build you a 4R70W for your car and I have one that I did for one of my buddies who is running low 10s and soon to be in the 9s. Some people who dont want to give up shifting are swapping to a T56 but I here it can be a little expensive.

Swapping to an automatic can be expensive too but its all in what you prefer.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
tlt05gt look in the thread titled "Driveline Questions" you could definetly offer some help in there.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
think i'll go for the 6 speed so i can still have a better highway driver if i ever want to go on a cross country trip. that extra gear couldn't hurt the gas mileage and if you're replacing the tranny anyway why not.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Take a look at D&D Performance I just talked to a buddy of mine ( same guy that broke his input twice) who bought a conversion from them and he is very happy. It is a little pricey but from what he is telling me it comes with everthing. Let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you think the T56 or a swap to the GT500 TR6060 6 speed?

I will end up with the 4R70W down the road with a transbrake and full manual valvebody.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
if u know ur gonna go 4r70w down the road why bother going to a tr6060 or t56 and spend another 4k then convert to 4r70w.. ??

if u want to throw away money **** we should round up all of us in vegas and start hittin all the bars/clubs/strip clubs...lol

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if u know ur gonna go 4r70w down the road why bother going to a tr6060 or t56 and spend another 4k then convert to 4r70w.. ??

if u want to throw away money **** we should round up all of us in vegas and start hittin all the bars/clubs/strip clubs...lol
Vegas SWEET!!! I will be there on April 4- 12, let me know if you can make it, going to the Miss America Contest(Wifes Cousin is Miss Louisiana). :rockon

I want to keep shifting it for as long as possible, I have an extra TR3650 at my house just incase I break the one in the car I didn't want to have to wait to order another one. I will probably just do the TR6060 swap and if I start racing the car regularly may switch to 4R70W

·
Registered
67 Posts
Vegas SWEET!!! I will be there on April 4- 12, let me know if you can make it, going to the Miss America Contest(Wifes Cousin is Miss Louisiana). :rockon

I want to keep shifting it for as long as possible, I have an extra TR3650 at my house just incase I break the one in the car I didn't want to have to wait to order another one. I will probably just do the TR6060 swap and if I start racing the car regularly may switch to 4R70W
You should just leave the TR3650 in the car and drive it until it brakes or you are ready to put a 4R70W in the car. The conversion to an automatic is going to run you about the same and maybe less than the TR6060 install.

Lets be honest if you want consistency you put an automatic in. I just dont want to see you spend money when eventually you will want an automatic.

Your TR3650 should be good up to 490-500HP.

See you in Vegas:tomato

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That won't cut it, car will be making around 650 rwhp on street tune.

I we are staying at the Bellagio

·
Registered
67 Posts
That won't cut it, car will be making around 650 rwhp on street tune.

I we are staying at the Bellagio
Not on pump gas it wont! I have a Kenne Bell on a built motor with all the bells and whistles built by Adam @ ST. Then just do the Automatic and the hell with the standard. Its up to you. If you put 650HP to the current trans it will break. Are you on any other forums like S197?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tlt05gt, check out my garage to see what is being put on motor. I was told 650 rwhp would not be a problem with this set up. If I can't get it with the KB then I will get a 3.4L Whipple

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You should just leave the TR3650 in the car and drive it until it brakes or you are ready to put a 4R70W in the car. The conversion to an automatic is going to run you about the same and maybe less than the TR6060 install.

Lets be honest if you want consistency you put an automatic in. I just dont want to see you spend money when eventually you will want an automatic.

Your TR3650 should be good up to 490-500HP.

See you in Vegas:tomato
+2 on that statement in bold. i might head to vegas over spring break for me.. that sometime in march..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts