Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is* yes I noticed I put it.
I've been hiding since my last dyno visit, for those that don't remember it. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/278325-its-time-again-guess-hp-numbers.html anyways, its time to get a new transmission since the cars down for the winter and I've been doing a lot of thinking. I'm torn between and t56 and a built 4r70w. Either way I go I'm looking at almost the same in price to swap. So what do you guys think? Go with a manual valve body auto or stick with the stick and get a t56?

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
To keep the car fun I would stick with the stick. If your looking for consistancy at a track or do a lot of racing in Mexico I would do the swap. Personally I feel when a car hits so much HP an auto is the way to go.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Is it going to be mainly street with some track visits? Or opposite?

I'd stay with a stick unless your looking for consistency at the track. A MVB would be fun, but I think a t56 would be more fun.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Efff a T56, my personal opinion. Had one, don't like it. The 2-3 shift is horrendous.

As others stated, DD car I'd stay manual..... drag car Auto all day (C4 in mine).

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I do agree, T56's arent as great as people make em out to be. My buddy had a viper spec in his 2v and I liked it. But factory T56 is eh... Best manual mustang trans, is the new getrag MT82's. There weak, but as far as shifting, I like them. Plus the gearing is sick.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I put in an auto I'd like going to the track more because we have a no et night and money can be made.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car's not a dd at all it's a weekend and track car for the most part now.

·
Lets Just Touch Tips.
2,613 Posts
Street = stick
Track = Auto

Sent from my DROID RAZR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts