Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the opportunity to start the build on my motor. As of right now the car is at 400rwhp and running great. My tuner has it dialed in and says I should have zero issues with the car. I don’t drive the car much and it rarely see’s boost unless I get a wild hair and even that is short lived. It is a weekend car for short drives or cruises. After talking with my tuner he can have his engine builder do a complete long block build with stage 2 blower cams, ported and polished heads, all forged internals, balanced and blue printed for about $5400 or I can stroke it out to a 5.0 for about $5700. It is going to cost me another $3000 to $4000 for the labor, tune and ancillary parts such as headers, fuel pump, injectors and miscellaneous oils and crap. I already have about $6000 into it for what I have already done to the car and putting another $9000 just makes my stomach hurt, but it would be one nice build. So for those of you out there that have done the builds was it worth it? I am so on the fence about this!

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
If you don't drive the car much I wouldn't do it. I dumped 15K+ into mine and hardly drive it or my dd. it's fun but in retro spec, I wish I didn't put so much money into mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i say leave well enough alone. If you dont really get into enough to fully use the power you currently have why spend 9k for complete build unless you plan to drag or full show car. But i dont have expirience behind a large build like this i do have expirience behind driving and seeing these builds first hand. Very nice ride either way and good luck with which ever way you decide to go.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
No way, not for 9000$. Plus if you're not driving the **** outta it or craving more power why do it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah this is kind of what I was thinking also. I may just sort the paint out a bit and get a few more visual things for it and call it done. The car gets a ton of compliments as it is. For that kind of money I could sale the car and buy a nicely modded Cobra and probably be happier. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Throw blower cams in it as is. Will bump you to around 470rwhp.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Throw blower cams in it as is. Will bump you to around 470rwhp.
There is no way that block will hold 470rwhp. I wanted to drop a pulley size and my tuner was very hesitant about even doing that. I would love to get cams though.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
There is no way that block will hold 470rwhp. I wanted to drop a pulley size and my tuner was very hesitant about even doing that. I would love to get cams though.
Sure it will. There are 2 cars by me that have been at that power level for 5 years. A 3rd car at 440rwhp for 4 years. You dont want to drop a pulley size because that will increase boost and blow up your motor. Keep the boost the same, do the cams, snd keep timimg conservative. Should make mid 400s no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts