Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you may know that i am pulling my heads and havin them beefed up a bit,.. and i was contemplating poppin in a cam.

with that being said, how much work will i be gettin myself into with installing a cam...
i know its gotta slide in through the front,.. so am i going to have to pull all the stuff ie. pullys,pumps (all stuff in front of motor) off. Cuz im not sure i want to get in much deeper than i already am being as this is my daily driver,..which i cant drive yet cuz of all the work.....

·
Registered
437 Posts
You will have to be able to get the timing cover off, so that mean water pump, clutch fan, etc will have to come off and probably all the accessories and maybe the radiator to get enough room to get the cam in.

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
radiator has to come out, not sure if the AC condenser thing in front of the radiator needs to come out, but i deleted my AC when i did my top end, so i took it out too..balancer need to come off...here is a good picture to show you what needs to come off...since your heads will already be off, your alt, AC pump, and PS pump will already be out of the way...My vote: for sure change the cam, just another hour or two of work depending on your speed...Be sure to check PTV clearance!

·
Registered
685 Posts
not a ton more work but it will take some more time and you will need a puller to remove the balancer but those are cheap. I would put a cam in it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts